GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

17x9 et30 square

Johndoestattoos

Passed Driver's Ed
I have searched and found some info but can’t really find a clear answer so my apologies in advance.

I’m wanting to go with a set of 17x9 et30 with 235/45/17s, I’m currently on 18x9.5 et 45 with 225/40/18s main reason is I’m in Asheville NC and the roads are pretty crappy even some on and off ramps to highways etc. So I’m trying to figure out if this will fit? Currently lowered on H&M’s street comfort coils with rolled/pulled fenders and still get some rubbing from time to time!

Thank you!
John

harrisondeal15

Passed Driver's Ed
You're going to need a bit of negative camber too. I currently am on 17x9 245/40 et35 front, et40 rear. Front camber is -2.5 and rear is -3.

Johndoestattoos

Passed Driver's Ed
So I noticed that people were running 225/40 with this setup but wouldn’t that change the overall dimension of the wheel side from what would be oem and cause stress on the drivetrain? I daily drive my gti and I know that it’s not a big difference but don’t want to throw things off to much. I say that as I’ve had the car for 6 months and done a lot already.

torga

Autocross Champion
You're going to need a bit of negative camber too. I currently am on 17x9 245/40 et35 front, et40 rear. Front camber is -2.5 and rear is -3.
Did you have to pull your fenders? Mine are already rolled. For a while I've also been looking at a set of 18x9 +35 RPF1s with 235/40 tires. 17x9 is looking really great for you!