GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

1flygti's Build Thread!

1flymk6gti

Go Kart Champion
1flyGTI's Build **updated 10.17**

Welcome to my 2011 GTI build thread! I have purchsed this car just over a year ago at Cherry Hill VW with 85 miles. Currently she sits with just under 20k miles. Spent alot of money and hours on this car to get it where it is today. I am excited for the upcoming show season. I must say i have alot of friends who have helped me with this car. They pointed me in the right direction with everything! I thank you all so much!!!!!!! I hope everyone has a safe year and I am looking forward to meet you in the feauture. If you see me give me a wave or stop to chat!
Plans are to keep it OEM+.

OEM+ and other plans:
S3 intercooler

-Performance:
-GIAC Stage II
-P-flow Intake
-Forge DV
-42 draft design downpipe
-Magnaflow Catback
-AWE TOP
-BSH throttle body pipe

-Suspension/Wheels/Tires
-FK Konigsports
-Neuspeed torque mount insert
-BBS VZ 18x8 ET 37
-Hankook Venturas V12 tires 215/35/18

-Exterior:
-LaminX yellow fog film
-Putco nitro blue head lights
-20% Tint
-JOM Grille (for sale)
-OEM grill emblem paint matched to wheels.
-Smoked side markers

Other Goodies:
VAGCOM Needle sweep
VAGCOM DRL fogs

How she sits now!

Last edited:

CDUBBGTI91

Go Kart Champion
Nice I like your drop it's the perfect height.

1flymk6gti

Go Kart Champion
How was that intake system made? What materials or manufacturing process was used?

I used some parts from a 2008 fujita inatke i had. The parts i used were:
-Buy a filter FIRST!! So you can walk to various stores for the next item listed to size it up!
-Exhaust Tip from Autozone, Pepboys, wherever you can cut it to your length you would like.
- Once you cut the exhaust tip/pipe, put a clamp on the end where it will go into the stock intake tube (the stage two part)
-Clamp it in, then put your intake on and BAM! I felt some gains, very minimal. You can hear the DV spacer alot better.

Total cost can be anywhere from $2.95 to $25.00 max

1flymk6gti

Go Kart Champion
Magnaflow exhaust ordered!!!!!!!! next week i will order lamin x yellow fog film and color matched side markers for the front. Stay tuned! pics of install of exhaust coming soon.

1flymk6gti

Go Kart Champion
As promised here is the exhaust and a vid clip (not the best sounding quality)

Install took me and my buddy 2 hours in his garage. Car was up on 4 jack stands and no power tools were used so we just used out powerful arms to tighten everything good. I dropped down to a knee to show u even tips.

shahabdin

Ready to race!
I think the second pic in the OP is sweet lookin :thumbsup:

1flymk6gti

Go Kart Champion
LaminX fog film ordered from ECS tunning!! more pics when installed. Next Weekend 3/12 my front will be MOAR LOW! :happyanim:

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie
nice, I still gotta put mine on. How do the coils ride for daily driving?

1flymk6gti

Go Kart Champion
They ride excellent for DD. I drive 30 minutes to school and work and i enjoy every second im driving. Once the weather gets nice i will do a full detail and get very good pics.