GOLFMKV

*****2.0t build thread

TheGTIChannel

Ready to race!

Doing a bit of shopping? :D

Car looks great! I love the gloss wheels :thumbsup:

fast2ghl

Ready to race!
This doesn't look like its installed all way in the cavity. I may be wrong because I haven't been under my car since mine was installed but pretty sure it was flush with the bottom of the subframe

It's all the way in, mine sits about the same and was installed by my long time tech at VW.

CLEsonny

Ready to race!
Yup. East side of Lakewood by 117th and Madison.

I am on Ridgewood and Detroit in Lakewood.

I actually just stumbled across this thread and recognized this car because I have a picture of it on my phone hahaha. I was in the market for a new car and saw yours and wanted a white GTI. My friend also sent a photo of your car to me and said "make your car like this". I've seen your car in Rocky River a few times in the strip mall with Fitworks (where I workout). Nice ride!

vwgti2.0t

Go Kart Champion
I am on Ridgewood and Detroit in Lakewood.

I actually just stumbled across this thread and recognized this car because I have a picture of it on my phone hahaha. I was in the market for a new car and saw yours and wanted a white GTI. My friend also sent a photo of your car to me and said "make your car like this". I've seen your car in Rocky River a few times in the strip mall with Fitworks (where I workout). Nice ride!

Awesome man! I actually workout at Fitworks too (bald guy, usually wearing a cutoff PSU or UTI shirt, lol) so that's why my car is always there. Thanks for the comments though! I'm glad I could be of some inspiration to someone. Haha. I'm going to be moving back to PA at the end of January, so maybe I will see you around before then!

I actually haven't updated this thread in forever, and for anyone interested I keep my vortex thread very well kept (http://forums.vwvortex.com/showthread.php?5377113-nick0188-quot-build-quot-thread).

Since I last updated, which I think was last winter, it I've done the following:
Powdercoated VMR's Wet black
BF Goodrich G-Force Sport Comp 2's
034 Track density engine and trans mounts
RNS-315
Custom fiberglass side sub box
Installed a Peloquin LSD
Installed an N2MB WOT Box
DeAutoKey LED reverse and turn signals
GFB DV+
Lightweight Deka Battery with custom mount
Unibrace XB
My custom under car brace
BSH Throttle Body Pipe
Alpine Class D 4 channel amp
Swapped out the Typhoon for a Carbonio
Swapped out the CiM boost gauge for a NewSouth with left vent pod
Swapped out my Stage 2 endurance clutch for a prototype Southbend Pressure plate, with Stage 3 disk and OEM Flywheel

I think thats it :)
For 2014 I have planned:
A deadset kit
S3 Strut mounts and bearing
A new collar and dust shields for my ST's
Alignment (again)
Tires (again)

Thats it. I'll be done with it after that. I have a set of Golf R brakes in my possession, but I don't want to deal with running 17's in the winter so I am trying to sell them.

EDIT: Forgot to add, over the summer I also picked up a set of Hoosiers on steelies and ran a 12.8 at 108 with a 1.9 60' at full weight minus the spare and with a half tank of 93 octane (weighed in at 3050 pounds).

clownish

just clowning around
Why are you machining your own dead set kit instead of using a Tyrol or some other kit? Do you not like their new revision? Or do you feel there are drawbacks beyond price to using the kit already made?

vwgti2.0t

Go Kart Champion
Why are you machining your own dead set kit instead of using a Tyrol or some other kit? Do you not like their new revision? Or do you feel there are drawbacks beyond price to using the kit already made?

Well the kit I was getting machined got messed up and lost. On top of being in the process of switching jobs and moving I don't have a lot of time for it right now so it's on the back burner until spring.

I think the Tyrol design is great, and mine will be very similar (pretty much exactly the same). The drawback to what they sell is price. You can have these made for EASILY half of what they sell them for. And it maybe takes an hour total to spec them up and make a drawing in cad. So in essence, probably 75% of what they are selling them for is complete profit. And there is really no need for ARP bolts. They cause more problems then they are worth because the ends aren't tapered, and you really just don't need anything other than the full diameter passat bolts.

That's crap in my opinion. I'd rather do it myself. Leave out the bolts, and sell me the 12 pieces of brass for 125 bucks. I think that would be fair.

CLEsonny

Ready to race!
Awesome man! I actually workout at Fitworks too (bald guy, usually wearing a cutoff PSU or UTI shirt, lol) so that's why my car is always there. Thanks for the comments though! I'm glad I could be of some inspiration to someone. Haha. I'm going to be moving back to PA at the end of January, so maybe I will see you around before then!

I am the Asian guy that is usually always working out with my buddy with the candy white CC (stock). We are always goofin' around and laughing. I'm usually there at like 5ish on weekdays. Hope to see you around!

vwgti2.0t

Go Kart Champion
I am the Asian guy that is usually always working out with my buddy with the candy white CC (stock). We are always goofin' around and laughing. I'm usually there at like 5ish on weekdays. Hope to see you around!

Ah that's why I probably miss you. I'm usually there at 330 and gone by 445.

clownish

just clowning around
Well the kit I was getting machined got messed up and lost. On top of being in the process of switching jobs and moving I don't have a lot of time for it right now so it's on the back burner until spring.

I think the Tyrol design is great, and mine will be very similar (pretty much exactly the same). The drawback to what they sell is price. You can have these made for EASILY half of what they sell them for. And it maybe takes an hour total to spec them up and make a drawing in cad. So in essence, probably 75% of what they are selling them for is complete profit. And there is really no need for ARP bolts. They cause more problems then they are worth because the ends aren't tapered, and you really just don't need anything other than the full diameter passat bolts.

That's crap in my opinion. I'd rather do it myself. Leave out the bolts, and sell me the 12 pieces of brass for 125 bucks. I think that would be fair.

I'm interested in seeing how yours turns out - I'm almost tempted to say make two and I'll pay you for 'em, but I'll wait on that since you aren't going to be doing that till spring. The new revision of the Tyrol seems to lock you into using ARP bolts, which I don't like either, even if they revised the design slightly and it sits slightly better.

DasAuto1295

Go Kart Champion
This is a good looking build man. I like it! You and I have similar taste in mods