GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

2.5L Platform General Chat

tBass84

Ready to race!
Alright, just pulled the trigger on R8 coils and Bosch Double Platinum plugs [emoji3]

Curious on how the car is gonna feel!

Stay tuned!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

davserbic

Ready to race!
Alright, just pulled the trigger on R8 coils and Bosch Double Platinum plugs [emoji3]

Curious on how the car is gonna feel!

Stay tuned!

Coolio! I didn't get R8 coil packs and just kept the stock. After I did the plugs, I started to think whether or not I should have done that. I really don't understand how they could help other than just a smoother start. Like.. Why Red Top R8 coil packs?

tBass84

Ready to race!
Coolio! I didn't get R8 coil packs and just kept the stock. After I did the plugs, I started to think whether or not I should have done that. I really don't understand how they could help other than just a smoother start. Like.. Why Red Top R8 coil packs?

Talked to the guy at germanoem and apparently the R8 coils are build to let more voltage through.

Well let's see I guess lol

tBass84

Ready to race!
R8 coil pack and Bosch Double Platinum plugs installed and I gotta say so far so good [emoji3] Start seems quicker and idle overall seems smoother.

I'll test it for the next few days, see what we got!

davserbic

Ready to race!
R8 coil pack and Bosch Double Platinum plugs installed and I gotta say so far so good [emoji3] Start seems quicker and idle overall seems smoother.

I'll test it for the next few days, see what we got!

That was my theory.

MLue1

Drag Racing Champion
hey guys, i am 500 miles away from hitting 60k on my car and looking to find out what are the things to watch out for and replace when i go into the dealership. I feel like they would hit me with a hefty bill and I'm trying to avoid that. I have changed my brakes and rotated my brand new tires just last week. So all I'm really looking at is the oil change, air filter, cabin air filter, anything else i am missing?

Also, my ac is not working at all. I do have heat flowing through but no ac. I don't think ill have dealership fixing this but has anyone had this issue before?
If you have a Sanden compressor or any of these compressors you can buy the pressure sensor and get a AC shop to replace it.
https://www.polarbearinc.com/PBPC/Homepage/products_Comp_Valves.html#SD6V12

tBass84

Ready to race!

Ordered the Audi A3 shift knob [emoji3]

davserbic

Ready to race!
Looks great!!! Intake is on my summer list. How was the first drive? [emoji3]

Oh man, it was A LOT of fun.

Compared to my DIY Short Ram, the APR Carbonio has two levels of growl so to speak. There is a mild growl in the lower torque band, but when it begins to open up and get into the higher end of the band, it sounds SUPER aggressive. A refined and steady growl sound that I haven't heard in other intakes — very nice.

I also noticed that the torque band itself seems to have more of a consistent progression in power which makes for a significantly more comfortable and consistent pull. Overall, A+. Would buy again.