GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

2015 WRX Discussion Thread

Thunderfunk

Ready to race!
Still hoping to see them bring back the hatch down the line.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Jeffs2013GTI

Drag Race Newbie
Im holding out for the New R. More versatile, better looking, and performance wise on par with the STi + availability of a DSG which for some is a plus. Granted base price is $39k, but the local Subie Dealer the average STi I saw on the lot was running $38k so that is a wash to me as well.

Did I metion the R is better looking. Wait WAAAYYY Better looking. IMO.

STi is nice, no joke, just too many options out there these days. I mean a new GTi can keep up with a new STi in many ways, at least that is what the rags are stating. So to me? The R is just going to be the car to have. That or an S3. I think the R is just the most useful DD/Track car out there IMO.

Jeff

xytbyk

Go Kart Champion
OH DANG.

Cobb: 2015 WRX Tuning Results : 344 WTQ / 313 WHP
Results vs stock vehicle: +77 wtq (28.8%) , +62 whp (24.6%)

http://blogs.cobbtuning.com/2014/12/09/2015_wrx_tuning_results/

johnny_p

Go Kart Champion
Full exhaust, intake, tumble flap delete, new intercooler, and a tune. It better get decent gains with all that hardware...

Rockchops

Go Kart Champion
Tumble flap? That sounds like something we would have called someone in college

Sent from an abacus

VW-TX

Go Kart Champion
A guy last night I was talking to about the sti has an 09 and told me his has 68k miles and it's using oil badly to the point it needs an engine rebuild. Not heavily modified either. So he is parking it. I won't own one just because of that.

DaveSTR

Go Kart Champion
A guy last night I was talking to about the sti has an 09 and told me his has 68k miles and it's using oil badly to the point it needs an engine rebuild. Not heavily modified either. So he is parking it. I won't own one just because of that.

Not heavily modified, but is? Any car can use oil. Check the 370Z forums. Thats about like saying I wont buy it because it might break or actually need maintenaince lol!

Jeffs2013GTI

Drag Race Newbie
Not heavily modified, but is? Any car can use oil. Check the 370Z forums. Thats about like saying I wont buy it because it might break or actually need maintenaince lol!

I tracked 4 Evo's 2 of which were modified pretty decent and pushing 420whp on E85 (on the Evo 9's). My Last Evo 9 MR I had for 5 yrs. 2 weeks after I bought it the tuning began. I was running E85 made 420 whp, on WMI made 380WHP with 70/30 mix, and made 340 on Pump 91.

2006 EVO Pics
[/URL][/IMG]

Upgrading Cams, valve springs, retainers.
[/URL][/IMG]

Pulling 420WHP on E85
[/URL][/IMG]

I ran Redline 5w30 in this tuned car on ALL kinds of Fuels, and Boost Levels all while on the STOCK turbo.

Never in the 65,000 miles I put on it, which many of those miles were on a track at least 2-4 times a month did I have to add ANY OIL.

I did change the Oil Every 3-5K miles, depending on my Oil Analysis revealed. On Average Every 3500-4000 miles.

Subies, especially tuned ones, every one I knew at the track always used about a quart every track day and that is while using Shell Rotella T6!!

As with any car just be very careful with your mods, and if you dont know what your doing, have someone do it for you that does.

I respect the WRX and STI, but will never buy one.

These pics are bringing up some good Memories. That Evo was a HELL of a Car!! Regret selling her every frickin day.

Jeff

vrBilstein86

Ready to race!
I tracked 4 Evo's 2 of which were modified pretty decent and pushing 420whp on E85 (on the Evo 9's). My Last Evo 9 MR I had for 5 yrs. 2 weeks after I bought it the tuning began. I was running E85 made 420 whp, on WMI made 380WHP with 70/30 mix, and made 340 on Pump 91.

2006 EVO Pics
[/URL][/IMG]

Upgrading Cams, valve springs, retainers.
[/URL][/IMG]

Pulling 420WHP on E85
[/URL][/IMG]

I ran Redline 5w30 in this tuned car on ALL kinds of Fuels, and Boost Levels all while on the STOCK turbo.

Never in the 65,000 miles I put on it, which many of those miles were on a track at least 2-4 times a month did I have to add ANY OIL.

I did change the Oil Every 3-5K miles, depending on my Oil Analysis revealed. On Average Every 3500-4000 miles.

Subies, especially tuned ones, every one I knew at the track always used about a quart every track day and that is while using Shell Rotella T6!!

As with any car just be very careful with your mods, and if you dont know what your doing, have someone do it for you that does.

I respect the WRX and STI, but will never buy one.

These pics are bringing up some good Memories. That Evo was a HELL of a Car!! Regret selling her every frickin day.

Jeff

Legit