300whp stock turbo Mk6 GTI possibility

WeekendWarriorz

Ready to race!

lilonespaz

Drag Race Newbie
hmm that seems like a real stretch.

zrickety

The Fixer
Totally doable with supporting mods IMO.

Andrew2834

Passed Driver's Ed
I've heard of 285whp and like 320tq. It's harder to get that hp up with our stock turbo. Maybe if you upgrade all of the fueling shit and run full e85?

TwistedTuning

Ready to race!
Easiest way to tell if the turbo can flow enough up top to make 300whp is view the correct compressor map for the specific turbo used on the EA888. I've seen a few different compressor maps for the K03 all of which were different.

If someone has the correct one for the MK6, i could tell you if the turbo even has enough flow in it to make that power.

its all about flow, if the turbo can't physically flow enough air to support the power. then ignition timing is only going to do so much until it becomes unsafe at the point of diminishing returns.

red_stapler

Ready to race!
its all about flow, if the turbo can't physically flow enough air to support the power.

Will supporting mods that typically bump high rpm power on a normally aspirated engine like cams or intake manifold help with that?

dafuture

Go Kart Champion
My understanding of the K03 suggests that there wouldn't be enough airflow to get to 300whp even with an E85 mix and major supporting mods (the MK6 fuel system can't handle E85 anyway, and a kit has yet to be produced that supports this). Remember, the most anyone has run on one of these cars (if I remember correctly) is E40 with the GIAC Clutchbuster file. Even though they were putting out 350 lb-ft, whp was still in the 260 range.

These cars really tend to run out of power up top, simply because the K03 is already being nearly maxed out. I know WalkerT runs a Stage 2 Cobb Pro Tune that puts out 265ish whp and 320 wtq. I would guess that's pretty close to the end of the K03's limits, similar to the Clutchbuster.

Frankly, I would think if you're looking to make 300whp that it would be more economical to go with an F23t or a K04 than to try and build a fueling kit to support the K03.

Stage2Sasquatch

Go Kart Champion
Not to mention a 300 whp K04/F23t car is going to be significantly quicker than a 300 whp stock K03 car, assuming it is even possible to do.

Injen1us

Drag Race Newbie
Doubt this is possible...

If we pretend that it is possible it would likely be more expensive than just going to a new turbo

ncsugray90

Ready to race!
I'm doubtful, but it may be possible with all the following:

Ported/polished turbo
FMIC
TOP/intake pipe
Race gas or E85
Custom tune
Full intake/exhaust
WMI

That being said, if you'd have to remove the turbo and have it worked on, why not just put something bigger in there like a K04?

If you decide to try it out, be sure to post results!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

mikejsmith1985

Go Kart Champion
My understanding of the K03 suggests that there wouldn't be enough airflow to get to 300whp even with an E85 mix and major supporting mods (the MK6 fuel system can't handle E85 anyway, and a kit has yet to be produced that supports this). Remember, the most anyone has run on one of these cars (if I remember correctly) is E40 with the GIAC Clutchbuster file. Even though they were putting out 350 lb-ft, whp was still in the 260 range.

These cars really tend to run out of power up top, simply because the K03 is already being nearly maxed out. I know WalkerT runs a Stage 2 Cobb Pro Tune that puts out 265ish whp and 320 wtq. I would guess that's pretty close to the end of the K03's limits, similar to the Clutchbuster.

Frankly, I would think if you're looking to make 300whp that it would be more economical to go with an F23t or a K04 than to try and build a fueling kit to support the K03.

F23 with eurodyne is the best bang for the buck mod I've done to this car!

SyDiko

Ready to race!
In Fast and the Furious each car had a button on the steering wheel and a nitrous tank under the passenger seat. When they pushed that button, amazing amounts of additional WHP were achieved!

Couldn't we do the same thing with the K03 in this scenario?

(kidding btw.)

Hypothetically speaking, let's say you don't care about your engine. You install a full TBE, intercooler, and tune (Stage 2.) You then add a 50-shot of nitrous which would force the K03 to operate beyond its already tight airflow restrictions and allow the car to produce potentially hit 300FWHP... Would it not?

Last edited: