GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

4motion swapped 2.5 turbo Variant Build

deep.mit

Go Kart Champion
It arrived today!

Gathering all the necessary supporting parts I'll be installing with this next month. I will be assisting a good friend in Atlanta with the job. He has done a number of K04 and big turbo jobs and is going to let me document everything and turn some wrenches.

Awesome! Excited about the updates on this :thumbsup:

SoWalGTI

Autocross Champion
Taking advantage of ECS and ME sales this week. Got a couple orders in now. Will probably order some hatch and underbody bracing before week is over. This weekend should be fun with installs!

SoWalGTI

Autocross Champion
^ Way to go! What hatch-brace are you planning for? I am eyeing the Tyrolsport hatch-brace. They have a pretty good offer coming up this week :happyanim:

Ha! We think alike. I just spoke to Tyrolsport today. Going with the new 3-bar hatch brace. They mentioned a new wrinkle black coating versus the aluminum.

SoWalGTI

Autocross Champion
I don't see that option online. Would prefer it over the aluminum. Did you just call them up? Are they charging extra for that? The carbon bar is a huge $150 premium!

Deep,

Yes, I called them up about it. I saw HYDE post on IG about the new 3 bar linkage bracing and he gave me the info. I spoke to them yesterday and they will not be putting the new 3-bar or wrinkle black options online for a while. I think this has to do with building the first ones in smaller batches? Anyhow, the 3 bar is another $150 atop the current Stage2 setup and another $100 for the new coating. That puts it on the same range as the carbon Stage2.

Tyrolsport did say that the current Stage2 bracing is more than enough for the street car with occasional track days though. The guy I spoke with said that the 3 bar was for the race teams oversees and someone leaked photos of it and now they are getting more orders.

One question I failed to ask, but should call back and check, is wether or not you can upgrade the stage2 bracing to the 3-bar in the future in the same manner you can do the single bar to the 2 bar.

deep.mit

Go Kart Champion
Deep,

Yes, I called them up about it. I saw HYDE post on IG about the new 3 bar linkage bracing and he gave me the info. I spoke to them yesterday and they will not be putting the new 3-bar or wrinkle black options online for a while. I think this has to do with building the first ones in smaller batches? Anyhow, the 3 bar is another $150 atop the current Stage2 setup and another $100 for the new coating. That puts it on the same range as the carbon Stage2.

Tyrolsport did say that the current Stage2 bracing is more than enough for the street car with occasional track days though. The guy I spoke with said that the 3 bar was for the race teams oversees and someone leaked photos of it and now they are getting more orders.

One question I failed to ask, but should call back and check, is wether or not you can upgrade the stage2 bracing to the 3-bar in the future in the same manner you can do the single bar to the 2 bar.

Ah, that answers more than what I was looking for :thumbup:

I will mostly go for the Stage1 bar. Maybe upgrade to Stage2 later. I really don't think I will need the 3-bar setup.

OhioMK6

Ready to race!
How much did the R seats cost you and where did you find them? I want to do that or Katzkin someday!

You're making me want a K04/F23T now too......

maskari_gti1

Go Kart Champion
Car looks awesome bro. Keep up the great work.

HYDE161

Go Kart Champion
Deep,

2 bar is plenty and makes a drastic difference. I went with 3 to go as stiff as possible in the rear.

HYDE161

Go Kart Champion
Installed some OEM rear window sun shades today. Really love the look on the interior. It drastically cut back the lighting in the rear and looks more refined with them in place. Now to find the rear hatch sun shade that was discontinued...

I like these as I never wanted to add tints, can you link me?