GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

80 in a 45. Time to face the music.

thisisaustin9221

Ready to race!
stop making yourself look like a douche. attempting to call out a 17 year old doesnt accomplish much

it is 600 dollars, because im listed as the primary driver on the suburban. And it's USAA not progressive and I'm on my parents policy who have been with them for a very long time

why would I make up that I pay my own insurance? I'd absolutly love it if I didn't have to because ALL my money goes to my car. Which is the reason I'm currently looking for a second job

msm00b

Ready to race!
So what you're saying is that you don't really pay the insurance for the car you drive. Dude, it's ok to be a little rich kid with an irresponsible parent. Hell I'd have drunk that shit up as a child. Don't try to pretend it's something that it's not. What it is:

-Your daddy did buy you a car that no responsible parent would.
-You don't actually pay for the insurance on the vehicle you drive, thus you didn't really face the consequences.
-You really didn't "earn" it. Lol, good grades meant that I didn't get grounded.
-You were "forced" to drive your moms suburban in a situation where any reasonable parent would have sold your car (once again, a lack of consequences).

Embrace the situation for what it is and quit being a little douche going 90+ in a 50mph zone.

TDI110

O_o
Don't drive like an idiot and brag on forums about how irresponsible you are behind the wheel.

thisisaustin9221

Ready to race!
lol I quit
no where did I brag, my post had relevance to the thread.

im on this forum to learn more about my car, not to get bashed for having it

Burntchicken

Ready to race!
Whoa, I'm 17 and I have a GTI. Why? Because I just got into UNLV and I need a car to get there, I started driving on a 98 Jetta tdi and moved up to 08 Rabbit and finally got a 10 Gti because I NEVER go over the speed limit like people in this thread, maybe 10mph over MAX, and never got into a car crash. I ALWAYS obey the law and am a super nice driver, never take peer pressure from my friends. I'm from/was born in Europe so maybe that can automatically make make me better than American 17 year olds :) jk idk

Edit: AND I have done Teen Smart, a program that about driving that I passed (on the computer) that lowered my insurance, and good grades also lowered the insurance.

Last edited:

EuroStylez

Go Kart Champion
Shit happens to the best of us!
I pulled up to the light and next to me there was a sivic SI, so obvs the kids in the civic started talking so much shit to me which made me laugh! Light turned green and I took off and with my stage I, i was doing 78mph with civic no where to be found lol so right after I saw a cop behind me.. He got me at 78 in 35 and the only thing I got was a seat belt ticket cauz the cop was really cool and loved my car! Esp my show n go plate and asked me where I got it cauz he wants one for his turbo e36 M3!!
I got very very very lucky :)

DawnsKayBug1

Go Kart Champion
A Cheap old Hyundai will go 100 mph just as fast on the highway as a GTI Or Veyron.
The GTI isnt a fast car it has 200 HP thats it.If he had an 89 integra thats what 180 hp? Its not like the kids driving a 911.
Just because you werent as fortunate at him doesnt mean you should take it out on him.
In High School I got a new car every 6 months. My dad told me how much I could spend and I would start shopping. I had a salesman at each dealership who helped me each time. My dad had a credit app pre signed at the dealership. (small town and he was well known) I picked out what I wanted and left with that car.

If you have hit 90 with your GTI then STFU about it.

msm00b

Ready to race!

daihard

Ready to race!
A Cheap old Hyundai will go 100 mph just as fast on the highway as a GTI Or Veyron.
The GTI isnt a fast car it has 200 HP thats it.If he had an 89 integra thats what 180 hp? Its not like the kids driving a 911.

In the U.S., Acura introduced the Integra as MY90. It produced 130 bhp. It was 1992 when they finally brought the VTEC version to North America. The engine was stroked out to 1.7 litre (from the original 1.6) and put out 160 bhp. :)

munkey

Ready to race!
wow some of you guys are douches.

so what if his dad bought him a GTI at 17? as if GTI is some kind of crazy expensive badass sportscar. its an economy sport compact and its not really that fast or that expensive.

if he had bough him a 335, m3, etc I could understand. but really, a $25k at 17 isn't exactly an issue if they can afford it-why not?

Didn't puff daddy just buy his kid a maybach?

And 90 in a 50 is stupid, but 17 is all about being stupid. I did plenty of stupid things, with cars a lot slower than the GTI.

DBP

Passed Driver's Ed
Wow you guys are pretty harsh. When I was 17 I had a 2002 Mustang GT then when I was 18 I had a 2008 mazdaspeed 3, when I was 19 I had a 2006 subaru STI (which I built to 360awhp). I have had 1 speeding ticket in my life and it was for 11 over in a 50 in my mom's BMW when I was 16. I paid for them all myself btw.

My point is, you really shouldn't generalize, one 17 year old idiot does not make every 17 year old with a fast car an idiot. There are some very responsible, consequence conscious 17 year olds out there.

Now, I am not saying that he is not a moron for getting tickets like that, but I am saying being 17 with a GTI (Which honestly isn't very fast compared to most other cars i've owned) isn't that big of a deal. Chill out, call the kid an idiot for getting those tickets but leave his car and his dad's choice to buy it for him out of it. He probably would have gotten the same tickets in a 1995 toyota corolla.

Diego Armando

Go Kart Champion
Wow you guys are pretty harsh. When I was 17 I had a 2002 Mustang GT then when I was 18 I had a 2008 mazdaspeed 3, when I was 19 I had a 2006 subaru STI (which I built to 360awhp). I have had 1 speeding ticket in my life and it was for 11 over in a 50 in my mom's BMW when I was 16. I paid for them all myself btw.

My point is, you really shouldn't generalize, one 17 year old idiot does not make every 17 year old with a fast car an idiot. There are some very responsible, consequence conscious 17 year olds out there.

Now, I am not saying that he is not a moron for getting tickets like that, but I am saying being 17 with a GTI (Which honestly isn't very fast compared to most other cars i've owned) isn't that big of a deal. Chill out, call the kid an idiot for getting those tickets but leave his car and his dad's choice to buy it for him out of it. He probably would have gotten the same tickets in a 1995 toyota corolla.

so you are a perico salesman?

cool

welcome to the site