GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

9W7 Bluetooth Module

BarryT82

Go Kart Champion
Hey Barry, I know this is the MKV1 thread but any help you can give would deb appreciated.
I have an early version 09 GTI with the full red mfi. I've just installed an RNS510 and installed the bluetooth mic and harness already. What module do you think gives me the best operation with an iPhone 5. From my research it looks like I might have to live without MFI unless I want to buy a convertor.

Do you have the bt modules for sale?

Thx

What revision RNS?
I'd get a 9W7 revision E or above. I don't have any at this time.

thahamer

Passed Driver's Ed
Hey barry

I have been trying to figure out if a 9w7 swap is possible in my car, and if it will work properly afterwards. Any chance I could PM you? You seem to be the only person with a clue regarding it.

BarryT82

Go Kart Champion
I see on your profile that you have a 2010. What features are you wanting? The swap in your car is easy. You unplug the 9w2 and plug the 9w7 in. If you're wanting to see info on the radio screen, use the steering controls to change songs while streaming audio, and the phone screen then you'll need to get a newer radio as well.

thahamer

Passed Driver's Ed
I see on your profile that you have a 2010. What features are you wanting? The swap in your car is easy. You unplug the 9w2 and plug the 9w7 in. If you're wanting to see info on the radio screen, use the steering controls to change songs while streaming audio, and the phone screen then you'll need to get a newer radio as well.

Literally all i want to do is play music (preferably spotify) through bluetooth. I dont mind not being able to change with the radio unit.

BarryT82

Go Kart Champion
Literally all i want to do is play music (preferably spotify) through bluetooth. I dont mind not being able to change with the radio unit.

Get a 9w7 with software 2902 or higher. If you ever decide to upgrade you'll have a module that will do everything.

BarryT82

Go Kart Champion
I have an early 9w7. If you have a 2011 and below and don't plan on upgrading your radio then it'll do everything you need.

mystikalous

Ready to race!
9w7

I have three more.

Hi Barry,

Do they units you have display the track title and allow for skipping via turn stalk?

I'm not sure if you remember, but I'm having issues with my 9w7 as it used to perform these functions but has since only played BT AUDIO. I also can't remove the users that are synced.

Would swapping the units fix this problem? I called the dealership and found that I am out of warranty since March :(