GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Air blowers / fans no longer working

Ganiman

Ready to race!
A while back my air conditioner / heater would only blow air on setting 4. Then 4 stopped working too. I looked it up and it seemed like the blower resistor near the cabin filter was bad. I replaced it, but the fans still do not work. Where should I look next? The air AC still works, I can feel cold air trickle out.. just no fans. I checked fuse boxes and I don't think any are blown, but maybe I missed it?

Ganiman

Ready to race!
I'm guessing the blower is toast. I pulled it out and it doesn't turn very easily by hand. Maybe someone else has another idea, but I'll price this thing out and see what I find.

brat_burner

Autocross Champion
I'm guessing the blower is toast. I pulled it out and it doesn't turn very easily by hand. Maybe someone else has another idea, but I'll price this thing out and see what I find.

Probably a good indicator if it's hard to turn... could also have blown a fuse. Under hood fuse #22 40amp

Ganiman

Ready to race!
Probably a good indicator if it's hard to turn... could also have blown a fuse. Under hood fuse #22 40amp

I couldn't find the # of the fuse to check, but I think I checked the all and they all looked good. I ordered a new motor already, but I'll look at this one specifically though just to be sure. I think the fuse, resistor and motor are all the components in that system, so should be "brand new" after this heh.

Allchokedup

Autocross Champion
I have had my squirrel cage go out on my Honda. Before I purchased a new one I check voltage going to it. Was good there so I made a jumper and wired it direct to the battery and fan spun really slow. I assume your issue could be the fan switch also. Good luck, its too hot and I'm too old to not have an AC!