GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Air Ride Suspension Thread

swervinVI

Ready to race!
You guys are weird. I don't touch my controller while I'm driving. It lives in my armrest. My dash cubby shows up this week. Once I finally upgrade to elevel I may move it to the cubby and eliminate my gauge setup completely.

I rarely use my controller while driving. Still didn't like the armrest.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Pivonic

Ready to race!

Running a Digital PSI Gauge on the steering console for a peace of mind when the cubby is closed so I can keep an eye on tank pressure.

Nice man looks sick

Crild

Drag Race Newbie
Haha do it man, I bought the plastic mold from dorbritz designs and made a template from cardboard then traced it on the plastic, cut it and glued felt to it and it's a nice tight fit :)

Did you order the small or large size tray?

wbean

attention whore
i want mine mounted to my dash to be honest. like right below my vent .. i need to see it all the time.

spiker369

on air, don't care
i want mine mounted to my dash to be honest. like right below my vent .. i need to see it all the time.

UnitedGTI did that with his v1 controller in his mk6 back when he had it; this was a shot before he got it all nice and pretty. ;P

Wastegate13

Autocross Champion
That picture makes me shudder a bit. I never saw it after he cleaned it up, I'm just not a fan of irreversible mods. The V1 controller fits perfectly in the dash cubby and if you wanted to be able to see it you could just drive with the cubby open. My gauges aren't even backlit, I never look at them while I'm driving. As far as bumps or dips or driveways, I just drive over them like I did in my old car. It takes a lot for me to dig out my controller and air up.

Wastegate13

Autocross Champion
Must be nice to have long legs. Short guys like me could never leave the cubby open.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

lol

I'll find out soon enough if I could drive with it open. I can't imagine ever needing to though.

Pivonic

Ready to race!
I fit fine with it open, plenty of room! 5'10" guy.

Here's another picture to show the room.

Did you order the small or large size tray?

I didn't even know there was 2 different sizes! I got it off ecs, and the plastic mold is the universal autopilot v2 mount.

UNFOGIVABLE

Go Kart Champion
Hey guy, my car will be up on a left soon for who knows how much time (Days?)... should I take the air out the bags while its up there? the fronts are at 90 psi and the rears are at 60 (for tow truck ease). The car currently doesn't run so I cant fill the tank back up.
also are those number fine for just being on the ground for days at a time?

Thanks in advance.

Davespence20

Ready to race!
Hey guy, my car will be up on a left soon for who knows how much time (Days?)... should I take the air out the bags while its up there? the fronts are at 90 psi and the rears are at 60 (for tow truck ease). The car currently doesn't run so I cant fill the tank back up.

Thanks in advance.

I was told it's better to leave it aired up if your going to be gone for awhile

rockabillykid

Ready to race!

Thanks in advance.

You want to leave air if it sits on the ground. It should never be on a lift for long, as it strains the bags. They must be supported.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk