GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Alloy wheels

ajc347

I'm looking to purchase a 1.4 160ps GT (without ACC) and am unsure whether to go for 17 or 18 inch alloys.

I know that in a lot of cars a clear difference in terms of harshness of ride can be detected between differing alloy sizes whilst in others the difference may be negligible.

Any ideas as to whether there is a noticeable difference harshness-wise between 17's and 18's?

Snoopy1

Ready to race!
I have a mk5 GTI and have both 17s and 18s and notice very little difference. Only time i really notice is in old cobbled streets or on ribbed concrete going into some industrial estates round were i live basically were the suspension is given a real workout. On uk normal roads theres very little if anything in it at all.

Mick431

Ready to race!
As far as i know these are the seattle wheels would i be right?? i think the look pretty good for 17"s!

stevo1

ah ok, was just wondering if that was the wheel pack option thing where it lowers the suspension too.

golfmk6jerzey

18" allow wheels

i recently just scratched a little bit of the outside of the rim and its bugginnn me out!!!...nothing seious but any suggestions on what to do ,,,?...any thing that can cover up or w.e??