GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Aluminum lower control arms?

Deaks2

Ready to race!
Does anyone know if the S3/TT or Passat aluminum LCAs fit our cars? I know they are a direct bolt on to the FSI MkV, however, the TSI LCAs appear to be a different geometry from the MkV FSI ones.

I have some RS3 brake ducts that I would like to install, but on the Mk6 stamped steel LCA they point the wrong way (away from the hub), meanwhile the above mentioned aluminum parts and the MkV FSI steel parts have the proper orientation.

davesxx01

Go Kart Champion
Halvie has Passat LCA's on his car.
Look at his build thread.

Talguy

Go Kart Champion

Deaks2

Ready to race!
Yes, I've read every thread regarding LCAs on the MkV forum. However, knowing the another mk6 user is running them reassures me.

the bruce

Go Kart Champion
The Mk.VI sheet metal arms are the same geometry as the Mk.V cast steel arms and the Passat/S3
(same) forged alloy arms. So S3 arms are a straight fit to all Mk.VI.

TT arms are different. They give more camber and camber adjustability. They also fit the Mk.VI if you
use TT ball joints and TT locking plates.

If you already run aftermarket wheels with lower offset keep in mind TT arms widen the track slightly
which causes clearance issues. No problem with the Passat/S3 arms though.

Halvie

WOOSA
the stamped arms we have stock are a lot lighter than the mkv arms. Hardly any difference between stock and s3....maybe a pound a side.

Look into the arms APR is running on the R. Those at least come with the bushings already, so the price equals out if you take into consideration getting whiteline bushings / s3 lca bushings plus no hassle of pressing them in.

do the knuckles too if you are planning on keeping the stock brakes. You will cut a lot more weight doing those than doing the arms.

money stashed for a k04 / bt makes a lot more sense imo.

Last edited:

Modshack1

Go Kart Champion
Available here:
http://performance-diesel.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=2_6&products_id=30&zenid=60603e0ae930d35e8aaa2c914ec6ac36

Deaks2

Ready to race!
Good info. Thanks guys.

the bruce

Go Kart Champion
If you want stock like appearance:

:wink:

RacingManiac

Drag Race Newbie
hmmm...what are those?

Also you need to make the those mount silver to be stock looking...I am tempting to the the WALK and paint those silver and run as stock...:D

grambles423

Automotive Engineer
More info on that. I'm looking to go this route

the bruce

Go Kart Champion

the bruce

Go Kart Champion
I just got my control arm bushings (without brackets) made by Febi.#33973
They cost $11 each.
Cheap alternative to S3, TTRS bushings.
I will install them tomorrow.

:thumbsup: