GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Am I too old? :)

ConnerryGTI

Passed Driver's Ed
Hey, just curious to read different ages of the r owners out there. My wife says I'm too old to buy an r, that it's a 20 something car. At 44 :yikes: I'm sure I would bring the age average up, but for some reason I'm really drawn to this car (even though it's probably the least practical car for me to buy as I drive a shit ton of miles for work ~20-25k/yr). It must be my mid-life crisis kicking it.

The only hatchback I ever owned was a pos brown Toyota Corolla in college, even at that time was about 15 years old!! Mostly, I've had boring sedans or suv's. I did have an '02 BMW 328i which I've regretted selling for the last 2 years.

Thought it would be fun, or depressing, to learn the average age. :)

Thanks!

Blue

Well...I'm newly 43, and my 33 year old wife was the one who suggested I go from GTI to R. I was actually considering a Volvo S60; she said..."when you're 70, then we can give up and get a Volvo". So I have that goin' for me, which is nice.

CadMan

Ready to race!
Age doesnt matter, i seen middle age people driving gti's from time to time. Enjoy your car.
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hey! I resemble that remark. I will have you know I drive it more than just from time to time. If only I could remember where I parked it. Damn now you made me go and forget... Snotty 20 something punk!

qshashaa

Ready to race!
There's no age category for cars, if you like it and want it that's all that matters, good luck convincing the wife

Brexin

Ready to race!
Not very many 20-somethings can actually afford a new $35k car...

Unless daddy buys it. Will be 33 this year. at the apr bbq i was comforted in knowing a good majority that showed had a lil age on them.

Butchered by Tapatalk using Galaxy S2

GTIMKV20

APR Stage I
The MK6 has a large range of ages it seems. Brand new it's pricey enough to bring a more mature audience who can afford it. Used and base model brings the younger crowd that can still afford it.

I love the VW community - it's all over the place and makes it comfortable for everyone.

Herbie2299

Ready to race!
Negative Sir!!!!! Im 39 and have 2013 CSG R and a 2012 stage II GTI...It is the funnest car Ive ever driven.

r15maniac

Go Kart Champion
I couldn't agree more with all that has been said, but here's my $.02

You're only as old as you feel and if driving a fun little hot hatch helps with that, then go for it.

I'll be 48 in about 6 weeks and I've been driving GTI's and now my R for the past 13 years straight.

Loved them all and tons of fun. Sure I would love a Porsche GT3, but that's outta my income bracket right now.

:thumbup:

Muellebs

Ready to race!

May I claim exception to the rule? I was 25 when I bought mine new. I also purchased a Jetta for me wife same day. Not daddy's money... I am blessed with one of those elusive "jobs" college graduates search for.

krokmitten

Ready to race!
When I went to buy my GTI there was a guy around 75-80 that traded his E350 for an R.