GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Any MK6 GTI issues?

boosted2

Ready to race!
Does anyone notice that weird wind noise in the cabin with all the windows up and the moonroof slide back about halfway?

sleepergti86

APRTuned
Yes, it is the plastic vent looking piece on the moonrood slider (the piece with fabric on it). The pastic where the handle is to slide it back, it makes an annoying like tapping sound.

dthomas53

Passed Driver's Ed
Does anyone notice that weird wind noise in the cabin with all the windows up and the moonroof slide back about halfway?

I believe it also has to do with the pressure. If you open your windows a crack, you'll notice it goes away (i.e. allows the air to flow freely out).

drewnyc

I have door clicking noises and an occasional buzzing noise from front dash area.

Took it to the dealer - they looked at it but couldn't find cause...

STEF mrk6gti

5000 mile 2 month every fine luv the dsg gearbox its amazing need to get fancy exhaust for the turbo bk then a reemapp should do the trik

super steve

Ready to race!
i definatly have a leaky rear washer nozzle (although not alot. it discharges 3 dropish washer fluid on the hatch window)
You can see the dry makrs every now and then its wet. Also the nozzle it self looks wet (shiny)

dthomas53

Passed Driver's Ed
How loud is this grinding noise? I've got a 2010 GTI with MT, nearly 700 miles on it. I listened carefully last night and again this AM and cannot hear any grinding noise in 1st or any other gear with windows closed, radio off. I cannot feel anything abnormal either. Isthis noise specific to a specific build date? (I'm not sure how you tell build date in VW).

I haven't had any rattling/noise from doors, or wind noise from sunroof either.

The grinding noise doesn't seem to have anything to do with the engine, and only starts as you begin to engage the clutch. If I leave it in neutral and simply rev the engine, there is no noise. And if you have to listen that hard, then you don't have it, which is good. :w00t:

Not sure about it being specific to build dates...

mongo1

Ready to race!
We have come up with a working hypothesis at my dealership for the leaking rear washer nozzle. The thought is that because the GTI has a much bigger/thicker rear spoiler, it must have an extension tube in it for the rear washer fluid. After the rear washer jet gets used, a little bit of fluid will remain in that extension tube. As you drive, a mixture of going over the right bumps, or traveling at speeds that will provide the right air movement over the nozzle head will cause that little bit left in the tube to leak out... At least, that seems to be a reasonable explanation to explain my experiences with leaking washer fluid from the rear.

I also mentioned a squeaking that I had thought was coming from the passenger door. As it turns out, it was not coming from the door. It was coming from the passenger seat. I have the leather seats. The seat was adjusted just right so that when I went over bumps the leather where the back and butt meet would squeak. The solution was just recline the seat a single notch. :)

golfmk6jerzey

Is it normal when im driving over 70-80 mph the driver doorr sounds like air is going through it and feels as if the door is slightly open but not.?....anyone hear that at fast speeds?

RallyRacer

I don't believe it is normal, but mine does it too.

I just signed up for this blog because I feel compelled to let other enthusiasts know of issues in the mk6. I bought mine back in October when they first came out and starting having a major engine issue after a couple of weeks. There was this clicking noise that others are talking about and when I brought it in to my dealer they told me there was an RVU issued on a bunch of VINS related to a serious engine problem with the crank shaft. They had to replace the entire engine and I'm now fighting to get a new car (lemon law in MA). If you're having the clicking noise and experience a loss in power, run the VIN to see if you're car is on the RVU list. Sorry to bring this bad news :(

dthomas53

Passed Driver's Ed
I just signed up for this blog because I feel compelled to let other enthusiasts know of issues in the mk6. I bought mine back in October when they first came out and starting having a major engine issue after a couple of weeks. There was this clicking noise that others are talking about and when I brought it in to my dealer they told me there was an RVU issued on a bunch of VINS related to a serious engine problem with the crank shaft. They had to replace the entire engine and I'm now fighting to get a new car (lemon law in MA). If you're having the clicking noise and experience a loss in power, run the VIN to see if you're car is on the RVU list. Sorry to bring this bad news :(

What clicking noise? Are you referring to the noise in first gear? I'm not a mechanic, but since the noise only begins when engaging the clutch, I would have to think it has more to do with the clutching mechanics, than the engine.

Or maybe you're referring to something else... :iono:

RallyRacer

What clicking noise? Are you referring to the noise in first gear? I'm not a mechanic, but since the noise only begins when engaging the clutch, I would have to think it has more to do with the clutching mechanics, than the engine.

Or maybe you're referring to something else... :iono:

The noise I was hearing sounded like a clicking or rattling noise and would occur when accelerating (loudest around 3,500 rpm).

dthomas53

Passed Driver's Ed
The noise I was hearing sounded like a clicking or rattling noise and would occur when accelerating (loudest around 3,500 rpm).

I don't think I recall hearing that. How noticeable is it? I'll have to listen for it a little later. Thanks for posting though.