GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Any MK6 GTI issues?

Alex.

Ready to race!
got the GTI for 7000km now and no problems...

The rattling sound that you hear comes from the wastegate...
It's not a problem since VW says its normal...

Now I have 450 miles on my car.

It started off that I would only hear it once and a while, but now I always here the rattling. What is everyone else's experience like?

Nicks06TR

Ready to race!
Last night, I sat in my car for a while after I turned it off... Just waiting for someone to come outside. I noticed that the CD player sounds like it is changing through disks, even though the car is off and so is the radio. I am worried that if my car sits for a week or so it will kill the battery, since whatever it was doing was happening every 2 minutes or so. Anyone else experience this? Also my satellite radio and cd player sometimes gets distortion when playing.

super steve

Ready to race!
Happened to me. I turned the car off while waiting for someone and CD player made changing sounds. I think it's a procedure for turning it self off (putting cd1 into first rack).

So I pressed the power button of the radio without turning the car on or putting the key in and the CD changer started to make the same sound even tho I never use CDs. (I use SD card but there ar elike 4 cds in the changer) So I think when you turn it off It puts the 1st cd on top and when you switch it on, it loads back whichever CD you have played before. Just my guess.

Crashedmkvigti

Passed Driver's Ed
Last night, I sat in my car for a while after I turned it off... Just waiting for someone to come outside. I noticed that the CD player sounds like it is changing through disks, even though the car is off and so is the radio. I am worried that if my car sits for a week or so it will kill the battery, since whatever it was doing was happening every 2 minutes or so. Anyone else experience this? Also my satellite radio and cd player sometimes gets distortion when playing.

NO need to worry about this. The battery will not die. I dont know if this is your first VW, but I have left my lights on in many different VW's and they start right up regardless of how long they were on. As long as you have a pretty new alternator, and this is a new car so:thumbsup: you will be ok

Crashedmkvigti

Passed Driver's Ed
My issue was that the radio said it was going to overheat and was going to turn off. So we turned it off. Took it to the stealership and they were not able to duplicate the problem. It has not happened again. I also needed to have the window molding replaced on the passenger side because it kept coming up.

2500 miles and unable to drive it. Someone ate a red and we are still getting it upraised for the estimate. Last we heard it was up to $13,000 US dollars

Last edited:

Nicks06TR

Ready to race!
NO need to worry about this. The battery will not die. I dont know if this is your first VW, but I have left my lights on in many different VW's and they start right up regardless of how long they were on. As long as you have a pretty new alternator, and this is a new car so:thumbsup: you will be ok

Mine had a dead battery when I went for a test drive. I didn't know that it turned the lights off automatically, my other cars always did but I assumed they didn't on mine because of that issue and the dealer said "someone must have left the lights on"... Now I really wonder what drained it.

flokwon

I had my Mk VI for about 2 months, put about 1200 miles on it. So far I haven't experienced any rear window fluid leakage as many has mentioned. This morning when I get ready for work, I noticed my front side marker light (the orange light in the front corner) on the passenger wasn't working. As I took a closer look, it seems like the plastic cover panel under the fender is missing and I was able to see the light bulb dangling about a foot (12 inches) above the ground. I have tried to take the light bulb and put it back into the side marker housing but it seems like the cable is not long enough. I will be calling vw services tomorrow (monday) but just want to see if anybody is having the same problem and trying to figure out how did it happen...

As for now I have used Super Steve's pics to show where I was exactly talking about. (Thanks Super Steve:thumbsup:)....I will upload a couple of pics of my car later today as it is still dark outside in NY.

Attachments

• img0768l.jpg
    img0768l.jpg
    60.6 KB · Views: 356
  • img0770b.jpg
    img0770b.jpg
    174.1 KB · Views: 331

jgs5607

Ready to race!
900 miles so far with no apparent problems.

The car is quiet, no wind leaks or rattles when driving on bumpy roads (I would hope not this early in its life).

I have heard, on occasion, what someone said was explained away as the "waste gate noise" starting out in 1st gear (manual tranny) but it does not happen (or is not noticeable) at any other time

I will keep an eye on the rear wiper now that I know about the issue.

JB36

I've had my GTI for a week and have a idling problem. Push in the clutch and the idle jumps to 12 or 1300 RPMs. It hangs there for a second or 2 and then jumps back down. I've never seen a car idle like this and it's fully warmed. One day later and I now have a CEL. Not sure if they're related.

KanDyWyte1

Ready to race!
Had my rear-passenger window seal replaced. When I would roll the window up the seal would carry with the window and then pinch at the top; thus, causing the pinch safety program to roll the window back down. Dealer took 1 week to order the seal and 9hrs to replace it. But since it is a new car they comped me a rental. GO GUNTHER VW.

super steve

Ready to race!
I had my Mk VI for about 2 months, put about 1200 miles on it. So far I haven't experienced any rear window fluid leakage as many has mentioned. This morning when I get ready for work, I noticed my front side marker light (the orange light in the front corner) on the passenger wasn't working. As I took a closer look, it seems like the plastic cover panel under the fender is missing and I was able to see the light bulb dangling about a foot (12 inches) above the ground. I have tried to take the light bulb and put it back into the side marker housing but it seems like the cable is not long enough. I will be calling vw services tomorrow (monday) but just want to see if anybody is having the same problem and trying to figure out how did it happen...

As for now I have used Super Steve's pics to show where I was exactly talking about. (Thanks Super Steve:thumbsup:)....I will upload a couple of pics of my car later today as it is still dark outside in NY.

Wow, thats really weird for the wires to be short.

Anyways, I stopped noticing rear washer nozzle leakage anymore. It was couple drops randomly every now and then, but I have stopped seeing the small leaks.
Maybe the hatch only leaks when your washerfluid tank is full or close to full?

flokwon

So it was raining pretty hard in the New York area yesterday, went through a couple of puddles on my way home from work. As I was worrying about the daggling light bulb on the passenger side, I inspected it after I got home and found out the access panel for the fog light on my driver side is also missing. Can anybody tell if these panels have screws on? or just a snap in parts?