GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Anyone else missing warm weather yet? (Winter mode FTL)

GTIMKV20

APR Stage I
When the winter cold first struck I swapped in my 16" steelies and snows and adjusted my suspension to be a tad softer. Felt like a new car for a few weeks with a "plush" ride to and from work. Handles snow like a champ and zero complaints.

Now I find myself drowned in salt-ridden/dirt-filled/half-icy roads, squishy suspension/tires and no way to rip on/off ramps or back roads. Don't get me wrong, I take it to the limit regardless (becauseracecar), but I am REALLY missing summer tires, shorter sidewalls, stiff suspensions and 70 degree weather right about now. Oh, and daylight too, lol.

Anyone else getting the winter blues? Maybe I need to get up to the mountains and enjoy some boarding to remind me why I like winter.

snowsled

Ready to race!
WINTER RULES! You just live in the wrong place to be enjoying it;)

I have relatively dry roads to drive on, lots of sunny days ans SNOW. Doesn't get much better...

NYCSuits

Go Kart Champion
I'm missing not being able to wash my car because the water freezes instantly...but I'm enjoying driving my winter beater because snow drifting ftw

GTIMKV20

APR Stage I
I'm missing not being able to wash my car because the water freezes instantly...but I'm enjoying driving my winter beater because snow drifting ftw

this.

I'm a detailing fanatic and my car looks ridiculous since the temps have not creeped over 32 for over a week now. And even when it gets warm there is so much snow melt and salt on the roads it's worthless. Don't you ever wish people actually had to know HOW to drive in snow and they could just plow and not throw down 3 inches of salt on the roads?

lilfleck

Go Kart Champion
this.

I'm a detailing fanatic and my car looks ridiculous since the temps have not creeped over 32 for over a week now. And even when it gets warm there is so much snow melt and salt on the roads it's worthless. Don't you ever wish people actually had to know HOW to drive in snow and they could just plow and not throw down 3 inches of salt on the roads?

Same here. My car is FILTHY. I want to take it to the coin op this weekend and do a waterless wash on top of that... w/ hot water...

BoostedVW11

Drag Racing Champion
i personally love

1. the salt
2. no traction on takeoff
3. no traction on roll
4. freezing my ass off
5. waiting for my car to get to running temp
6. commutes twice as long on snow days
7. not being able to use my sunroof or windows that i normally always have open
8. not wearing my shades

but thats just me

ElectricEye

Autocross Newbie
Can't stand the salt. :mad0259:

nouse4aname

Go Kart Champion
Hell no. Love winter, hate summer.

Scoobie looks good covered in salt spray. And I'm intentionally parking in the unplowed spots of parking lots. :)

WetMoney

Go Kart Champion
ugh i hate it, cant wash my car and cant enjoy my car.
but its looking warm this weekend 55 degrees Saturday and 62 Sunday!
Gunna get my wash on. :thumbsup:

Tk_mkv1

Go Kart Champion
ii like that it gives more punch to my car and take it to local twisties, without salt and bad weather i.e. rain i like it just fine and i also like hot weather, i like both for different reasons.