GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Anyone going to get APR tune? Bay Area

JT641

Banned
Anybody in the bay area getting a tune with the new Sale On! Should have mine (stage 2) by the end of the month.

JammingJay

Ready to race!
Need to get re-tuned after I install my DP. I'll probably be going back to JH since the tuner here in Sacramento are trying to charge $110 to flash to Stage 2.

That's insane considering its a OBD flash (in most cases). Hopefully JH or another shop will only charge you 30 minutes

APRMK6GTi

Go Kart Champion
Metal cat w/ resonator. Want the car quiet, close to stock as possible. Will probably keep the stock CBE also...........even after I go K04 next year :).

did you get the spacers for the UB? the resonator might be interfering with UB.

Not to thread jack, but you interested in tracking the car in Sept? APRMK6GTI and myself will be there Sept 29th if you're interested. Check out the link in my sig.

/rant.

please join us! looks like you're in the area already lol

JammingJay

Ready to race!
Metal cat w/ resonator. Want the car quiet, close to stock as possible. Will probably keep the stock CBE also...........even after I go K04 next year :).

Nice choice, I also have the same setup with metal cat + res. You'll love the Stage II flash, car will pull across the band more consistently.

JT641

Banned
Need to get re-tuned after I install my DP. I'll probably be going back to JH since the tuner here in Sacramento is trying to charge $110 to flash to Stage 2.
You mite checkout Sonoma Autowerks there in petaluma about 20 minutes from the track, Not sure yet how much they charge but from the reviews of read of people getting just normal service and repairs they're very reasonable.

http://sonoma-autowerks.com/

Not to thread jack, but you interested in tracking the car in Sept? APRMK6GTI and myself will be there Sept 29th if you're interested. Check out the link in my sig.

/rant.

I'd like too, But not sure depends on how many of the mods I want get done before then and if my schedule allows it. Gotta make money to pay the bills and pay for the mods. I'd like to just go out by myself first though Just to see how my car handles.:iono:

LightningRhod

Go Kart Champion
did you get the spacers for the UB? the resonator might be interfering with UB.

Yeah I have the spacers for the UB. Currently have the UB installed with no spacers right now since I'm running the stock downpipe.

Nice choice, I also have the same setup with metal cat + res. You'll love the Stage II flash, car will pull across the band more consistently.

Definitely looking forward to it. I got flashed to Stage 1 in April, and it's already starting to feel like it's normal. I no longer get a boner when I stomp on it with Stage 1 :)

Just got a quote from 034, it is $50 labor for reflash to Stage 2 and thats it

Not bad. I'm down in Hayward a lot anyway, so might just go there.

I'd like too, But not sure depends on how many of the mods I want get done before then and if my schedule allows it. Gotta make money to pay the bills and pay for the mods. I'd like to just go out by myself first though Just to see how my car handles.:iono:

The more the merrier. It's definitely worth it to track AT LEAST once. You'll have a blast, I promise :thumbsup:.

The invite to track at Infineon goes out to the rest of ya'll too!! :burnrubber:

JT641

Banned
Just ordered my downpipe, USP 3inch W/200 cell cat, I'm looking at getting it installed and my stage tune done no later than the 31st (fingers crossed murphies law doesn't keep poping up like it has ben lately) Looking forward to stage 2:thumbup: