GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Anyone have any intentions of trading for MK6 when it's released?

Will you be trading in?

• Yes, I love the look.

Votes: 28 31.8%
  • No, I prefer my MK5.

Votes: 30 34.1%
  • Not sure yet.

Votes: 30 34.1%

• Total voters

JJ-R32

Administrator
Staff member
Any golfmkv members planning to trade in for this car when it becomes available to you?

sorin

Passed Driver's Ed
For now i like my MkV GTI much more than this new Golf which is more of a facelift than a new model. Even the shape of the windows on the three door model is still the same as the MkV. We'll see what's what when the GTI makes it's debut.

JJ-R32

Administrator
Staff member
For now i like my MkV GTI much more than this new Golf which is more of a facelift than a new model. Even the shape of the windows on the three door model is still the same as the MkV. We'll see what's what when the GTI makes it's debut.

Totally agree, it's more evolutionary than revolutionary. Why mess that much with success right ;)

Sammy-Blue

Ready to race!
If they featured a turbo with similar power to the current R with AWD, I'd be tempted.

07Noside

Banned
as far as upgrading I see no reason. I don't like the front of the new golf the rear of the 5 door looks almost exactly as the a3 wagon IMO. same powerplant with a worse facelift I wouldn't trade. as well as the lack of modifications and information from aftermarket resources on the new ccta version of the 2.0tfsi BPY.

Japan8

Passed Driver's Ed
If they do a special edition GTI with 265hp and AWD... and it doesn't cost $36k... I might be very interested.

If they do a GTI with 230hp and LSD... I might be interested.

Well see how the GTI looks when it gets released.

TZSGTI

Ready to race!
It really depends on what they will offer and what other manufactures are offering. My lease ends Sep 2010 so thats when i will be needing a new car. I am hoping i can afford a better car then but who knows. I was thinking of moving up to an EVO or Camaro SS when it comes out. Its really to early to tell.

golftdi4life

Passed Driver's Ed
I will consider a MK6 when it comes to NA. But only if I can get it with the TDI engine and two door. Time will tell. I'm happy with my mk5, if it was a Diesel I would not even consider trading at this time.

Mike@Forge

Go Kart Champion
Since they've only released initial photos of the base model Golf, and not any sort of GTI derivative, it's WAY too early, I think, for anyone to be saying yes or no, unless they know they'll be in the market for a lower trim level Golf/Rabbit.

I'll be keeping my eyes on it closely, but it won't reach the US shores until the 2010 model year at the very earliest.

I might be overcome by temptation for a 2009 2.0T quattro Audi A3 by then. :)

KDearduff

Ready to race!
For me, it will be more about what the engine offerings turn out to be than the exterior styling. Also, my fahrenheit lease is up June/July of 2010, so it might not be here when I need my next car. Will they bump the mkv up to the k04 towards the end of its life? If they did that, I may trade in my car early.

dgilli

I like it. Looks a little lower than current Rabbit/GTI. I'm crazt about my Mk V but for the front end. Can't wait to see what's done to the VI.

VDubVirus

Euro-Elitist Moderator
I'm praying for the new scirroco in the US. I know it's a longshot, but I don't see them completely holding the new model from the US for long.

as for the MkVI. no, I won't be trading. Too much money into the MkV to let it go.