GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Anyone Miss their Old Car or Regret buying their R/GTI/TDI/Golf?

85RedGolf2.5

Go Kart Champion
Like the title says, Do you Regret buying, or miss your old car?
Lets see picturs of what you used to drive, and a story behind why you miss it, or regret purchasing your current ride. And if you want a list of vehicles you've owned over the years.

I'll Start. Of all the cars I've had, I think I miss my 2007 Pontiac G5 the most.
It was Reliable, Fun, Tossable (in a slow sloppy drive of a way), cheap to own (payments were 300/month instead of 500), and cheap to repair if something broke (which it never broke)
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=1790698845318&l=8805e51282

Then there is this ride: A 1978 Volvo 242, I don't have any pictures of the one I owned, but was going to restore it. Had the Bosch CIS injection system, needed new interior, and kept breaking down, but something about an old smelly, greasy, oil burning, trans leaking, drive shaft u joint frozen, ride just makes you wonder why you got rid of it.
http://bridgetownblog.files.wordpress.com/2011/08/1978-volvo-242-dl-21l.jpg

Anyways, I do not regret buying my TDI, but I miss my old rides. If I would have kept the Pontiac it would have been paid off by now, and I would not be so far in debt, and I could have worked on making it a fast ride. But that is in the past, now I just have to focus on not becoming another car ADHD victim like I was in the past.
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=4284331864585&l=0ac29ec149

List of rides I've had from age 16 to now (age 28)
1987 Chevy S10, White, Reg Cab, Long Bed, 2.8V6 700r4 Auto
2004 Pontiac Sunfire, Blue, Coupe, 2.2 I4, Getrag 5 Speed
2005 Chevy Colorado, White, Reg Cab, Short Bed, 2.8 I4, 4L60E Auto
2007 Pontiac G5, Yellow, Coupe, 2.2 I4, Getrag 5 Speed
1978 Volvo 242, Yellow/Rust/Primer, Coupe, 2.1L B series motor, 4 Speed Auto
1996 Pontiac Grand Am (the worst car in the history of cars!) White, Sedan, 2.2 Twin Cam, 4 Speed Auto... This car died in a puff of BLACK smoke that looked like it should have been coming from a 70 year old Diesel firing up in the dead of winter!
2011 VW Jetta SE, Black, 2.5L 6 Speed Auto
2012 VW Golf, Five Door, 2.5L 6 Speed Auto
2012 VW Golf TDI, Five Door, 2.0TDI, 6 Speed DSG... Hoping to keep ahold of this car for a while.

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie
yes/no/sometimes, yes.

palma

Ready to race!
I've had all sorts of fun cars through my driving years but the one I miss most is my 03 Evo. I needed to sell it to have a down payment on my house. (Growing up lol)

I sorta regret the purchase of the golf. The main reason is I should have waited until the mk7 came out. But I'm happy with how it's turned out so far.

Tk_mkv1

Go Kart Champion
from time to time i miss my old acura tsx, main reason was honda reliability and gave me "baller" status in high school. i might miss is even more if it had manual which was my reason to dump it until mother nature decides to total it

I've had all sorts of fun cars through my driving years but the one I miss most is my 03 Evo. I needed to sell it to have a down payment on my house. (Growing up lol)

I sorta regret the purchase of the golf. The main reason is I should have waited until the mk7 came out. But I'm happy with how it's turned out so far.

not bad, my uncle is trying to sell his evo mr since he's used to oversteer after selling his z3 3.0i coupe for the evo. now he's trying to sell it and get an s2k, make it track ready, shed huge amounts of weight, i may get to track it this summer :D

85RedGolf2.5

Go Kart Champion
That Golf looks very good, and if you got the MKVII you'd most definitely be dealing with bugs on the first year production models. So you got a relatively bug free ride and it looks great!

palma

Ready to race!
ot bad, my uncle is trying to sell his evo mr since he's used to oversteer after selling his z3 3.0i coupe for the evo. now he's trying to sell it and get an s2k, make it track ready, shed huge amounts of weight, i may get to track it this summer :D

S2k is one of the greats I wish I could have owned.

That Golf looks very good, and if you got the MKVII you'd most definitely be dealing with bugs on the first year production models. So you got a relatively bug free ride and it looks great!

Thanks man. Yeah I am going to wait now and see what the R has to offer when it rolls out in the US. I'll see what my options are when the new models roll in.

Lodi

Go Kart Champion
I don't regret the GTi for a second, I'm just a bit pissed that they didn't offer the R in DSG form this time around. That's the car I really had my sights on.

danielj1

Go Kart Champion
I do miss my GTI. Would have coming up on 4 years and paid for with about 20k miles on the odometer.

Having new car fever sucks sometimes :(

85RedGolf2.5

Go Kart Champion
so, how many cars have all of you guys owned over the years?

danielj1

Go Kart Champion

85RedGolf2.5

Go Kart Champion
18 in 24 years of driving (I'm 40)

My grandfather was telling me about his cars, in one year in the 50s he bought 4 brand new cars cash! then the year later bought two more. Of course each time he is trading one in. I think we lost count of his cars at 60 cars! He is 78. Just this year alone, he bought and sold a 68 Mustang, 50 Ford, 2007 Grand Marquis, Jeep Wrangler, Chrysler 200, and he is currently in a 2014 Jeep Cherokee!

I think I have inherited the ADHD of Cars disease from him!

danielj1

Go Kart Champion
Modshack takes the prize for the most owned that I know of.