GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

APR has had my ECU for 2 weeks with no updates

damagi123

Go Kart Champion
Im in total disbelief.
Still not a single rep of APR's trying to reach back out to me.
Even with trying to make my situation known to the mk6 community in hopes Aaron or somebody hears whats going on.

thewalkingdad

Ready to race!
Ugh, this is another situation pushing me over to a Cobb e-tune...

I hope they get this thing figured out for you and make it right. At this point, they should really throw in a DSG TCU tune as well to make up for it. The TCU file is built, it costs them nothing to flash it for you for free, and it partially compensates you for your inconvenience.

I wouldn't let this one slide if I were you.

ashchuckton

Ready to race!
I thought when I do get a tune that APR would be the one I would go with. There is a local respected shop that can do APR for me. After reading this I'm not going to use them. I can not afford to be without a car for weeks. Poor customer service costs them a customer. I am only one, but I'm sure there are more who feel as I do.

Good luck hope they get off their butts & help you.

Uberryan

Banned
I take it you did try to message them on both here and the vortex directly right?

Because they've been active...

(taken just now)

damagi123

Go Kart Champion
I take it you did try to message them on both here and the vortex directly right?

Because they've been active...
(taken just now)

i get that you're trying to help.

But why should it take such intense and prolonged and repeated attempts to contact them to update me on a paid service they provide to customers who's ECUs got broken as a result of their early tuning methods?

Thats a pretty dense sentence.

Uberryan

Banned
i get that you're trying to help.

But why should it take such intense and prolonged and repeated attempts to contact them to update me on a paid service they provide to customers who's ECUs got broken as a result of their early tuning methods?

Thats a pretty dense sentence.

Not saying you should have to, but you seem desperate for updates, so I would be reaching out to them on twitter, email, forum messages, etc. I messaged Arin on your behalf, pointing him to this thread. You're welcome.

Jaber

Modero
At this point, I probably would just drive to their damn HQ. And message them on every known community and social media account.

lilonespaz

Drag Race Newbie
Its one thing to take a week or two for repairs its another to completely disregard the person asking for updates or to get a phone call or email replied too.

Sounds like APR is now SPM.

Jcarollo765

Ready to race!
Dude, that's totally messed up. They always pick up the phone and return emails immediately for me. I have the same ECU problem and now am worried about sending it to APR.

They promised me a 3-5 day turn around and I would Fed Ex it 2 day shipping. Email they sent me:

To: APR Support <support@goapr.desk-mail.com>

How long does it typically take to fix? I'll send it in once I go on vacation in a months so I can avoid renting a car.

APR Main Email
Subject: FW: Website Contact Form - GTI MK6 K04 P2400 Evap code

JUL 19, 2016 | 02:12PM CDT

Jerry,

We usually need it for 3-5 days.

Thanks,

damagi123

Go Kart Champion
Dude, that's totally messed up. They always pick up the phone and return emails immediately for me. I have the same ECU problem and now am worried about sending it to APR.

"Jerry,

We usually need it for 3-5 days.

Thanks",

i was told the same. and its not that they dont pick up. they just cant help me and keep telling me to just send an Email to support and support has only ever responded with automated responses and no actual person responding

Jaber

Modero
i was told the same. and its not that they dont pick up. they just cant help me and keep telling me to just send an Email to support and support has only ever responded with automated responses and no actual person responding

Should just keep calling back and keep asking for a manager. Someone has to be running that place.

damagi123

Go Kart Champion
finally got Greg on the phone in sales who is the first person i've talked to who sounds like he cares enough to bother even checking into it for me. he agreed that it should've taken less than 1 week and couldnt say much more.
will update

thewalkingdad

Ready to race!
Another disturbing aspect is that OP says APR is even giving the shop (ostensibly, an actual APR dealer) the run-around as well.

If that's how they treat their dealers, can you have any hope how they treat their customers?

damagi123

Go Kart Champion
another day with no followup or update or answers. 16 days.

16 days.

sixteen.