• Other (give name and reason)

Votes: 12 6.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Cali_RayZd

Passed Driver's Ed
I am in Vegas and decided that I want to get the GTI chipped/flashed..APR has their sale going on till Monday and it's all 4 programs for $599 and Unitronic is Satage1+ for $600...

Was wondering if I could get some feedback..I have read and read about all the threads I can handle about this and that..but most people have a bunch of mods on the car..I don't have anything..but plan on simple things down the road

(from the seat of my toilet)

JonRoth

Ready to race!
Be aware of the install pricing too. I know down in Southern Cali, they charge 200$ for installation. Take that into account.

HangAWang

Ready to race!
Go with the shop you feel most comfortable with. Can't go wrong with either Apr or uni.

trd420

Go Kart Champion
Go UNI I'm happy with it :thumbup: but apr is good to both about the same UNI makes a Lil more power tho

grambles423

Automotive Engineer
This is but 1 of 1000000 threads on this topic.

Cali_RayZd

Passed Driver's Ed
This is but 1 of 1000000 threads on this topic.

Didn't ask for a number count...Plus you didn't have to add your 2 cents if it didn't pertain to the thread..But hey you live with that

CLapperhighs

Go Kart Champion
Yeah im on the same boat man! Trying to decide between apr and uni.

I think im leaning towards Uni, simply because it does make a bit more power. And stage 1+ looks awesome. Also Unitronics website is fantastic. Everything about the company just seems a bit more put together.

Apr Stage 1... i drove my friends DSG, and my stock manual felt quicker honestly. Wasn't impressed. : / Now he's got stage 2 apr, and its great! Very quick. :thumbsup: But i dont wanna go replacing my clutch... therefore im leaning towards UNI stage 1+. Add a DP to that, and it should be pretty beautiful. And i like the idea of 18 PSI on the stock turbo over 20. 20 sounds like it's pushing it. But idk.. i just want my car to last. I love it too much. lol

Anyways, My totally inexperienced vote is for UNI! Haha

Cali_RayZd

Passed Driver's Ed
I really don't want to search for this answer...Cuz I know its out there..So here it is

When you need to go to the dealership..And just incase they flash my ECU back to stock..What is the process of getting my chosen software back onto my ECU...Pay another $600+ or what

Cali_RayZd

Passed Driver's Ed
Yeah im on the same boat man! Trying to decide between apr and uni.

I think im leaning towards Uni, simply because it does make a bit more power. And stage 1+ looks awesome. Also Unitronics website is fantastic. Everything about the company just seems a bit more put together.

Apr Stage 1... i drove my friends DSG, and my stock manual felt quicker honestly. Wasn't impressed. : / Now he's got stage 2 apr, and its great! Very quick. :thumbsup: But i dont wanna go replacing my clutch... therefore im leaning towards UNI stage 1+. Add a DP to that, and it should be pretty beautiful. And i like the idea of 18 PSI on the stock turbo over 20. 20 sounds like it's pushing it. But idk.. i just want my car to last. I love it too much. lol

Anyways, My totally inexperienced vote is for UNI! Haha

Every vote counts...Sounds like I am gonna go with UNI...And down the line I am gonna get a TBE + CAI....But for now I wanna run with stock parts until I can get some $$$ to get the other things I want

CLapperhighs

Go Kart Champion
Every vote counts...Sounds like I am gonna go with UNI...And down the line I am gonna get a TBE + CAI....But for now I wanna run with stock parts until I can get some $$$ to get the other things I want

Good idea, Tune is the best first mod you can do. :thumbup: Once you have that, you'll notice all the little things like an intake a lot more. Keeps the car more interesting for a longer time!

CLapperhighs

Go Kart Champion
I really don't want to search for this answer...Cuz I know its out there..So here it is

When you need to go to the dealership..And just incase they flash my ECU back to stock..What is the process of getting my chosen software back onto my ECU...Pay another $600+ or what

Im looking for an answer to this too... I guess that's where APR comes in. But i really dont think anyone would bother you too much for the tune. I know a lot of the dealers where i am in FL are tune friendly. I ve never heard of anyone having an issue.

I just want the power. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.