• Other (give name and reason)

Votes: 12 6.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

davewes

Ready to race!
It's not so much turning off the knock sensors, but recalibrating how timing is pulled in response to knock. If you alter the threshold enough, in a sense, you would be effectively rendering the readings from the knock sensors useless.

Dave

Got it. So in essence the tuner needs to walk a fine line between the likely conservative knock values established by the oem and levels that can lead to increased power at the risk of elevated knock which over time can beat the piss out of your motor.

dc0953812327

APR products and ecu is very unique.
but they dealer...I just only say "suck"!!!

I upgrade APR ECU spent my $1200, but I don't have any protection :mad:

veedoubleme

Go Kart Champion
Got it. So in essence the tuner needs to walk a fine line between the likely conservative knock values established by the oem and levels that can lead to increased power at the risk of elevated knock which over time can beat the piss out of your motor.

Some tuners walk that line. APR does not touch or remap the knock sensitivity. They leave all of the engine protections in place.

PL-Prez

Ready to race!
APR all the way. I am currently APR stage 2 and will be going KO4 next week through APRs kit. Had a chance to tour their facility during the BBQ and they pay crazy attention to detail, they are anal which when comes to cars is a good thing. You always want your car in the best of hands so that it performs now and in the future and I think APR makes sure of that, they leave no leaf unturned. Like the guy told me "If you want to take a trailer up a 10% incline wihout a worry, we have thought of it."And their record speaks for itself.

JhnR

Banned
Unfortunately I don't know much about Unitronic's tuning fundamentals but have heard from multiple sources they disable component protection to yield better gains. However, Im unsure of this.

If I had a choice BESIDES APR it would probably be unitronic. GIAC is close, but I don't know too much about them or their software.

This.

APR is the safest out of the UNI, and especially Revo.

Im torn between APR and GIAC, really as well, but for safety issues APR runs safer everyday all day.

JhnR

Banned
You assume they'd give you an honest answer (whether it's through salesperson ignorance or deliberate deception). Revo lied out their ass about messing with these protections until Arin showed evidence in their code that they do mess with knock values.

http://www.audizine.com/forum/showt...ent-in-tunes?p=7352427&viewfull=1#post7352427

Dave

this. win.

make sure you read a little about, i was in the same boat until i read around a bit. APR is my top pick, and 2nd in GIAC if i was to pick between the two.

GTIwannagofast

Ready to race!
APR has a link on Facebook for this poll.. LOL. I think that's cheating... LOL.

Anyway... GIAC then APR then "?? Who cares :iono:"

Boom goes the dynamite!!

Status
Not open for further replies.