GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

APR Presents the DQ250 DSG & S tronic TCU Upgrade!

lilfleck

Go Kart Champion
Out the gate there were a few requirements:

- high speed logging
- program switching
- lock/unlock and anti theft
- fault codes

We have people working on adding new functionality to the app. It's not an overnight process when we're dealing with so many vehicles and platforms across the world.
I believe that this is a huge process; but I think it would be extremely useful to post some numbers to show enthusiasts on here how much work it actually is.

For example, how many vehicles?
How many different box codes then need to be programmed?
Bug fixes, beta testing, etc. All of this is timely work that the end user never sees. Nor should they... but in this case, maybe its a good idea to share the QC process.

Would be willing to do a full long written review of software with videos...if apr would like to shoot me free software.

Will pass reviews on to local audi/vw members at meets.

Got your apr stage 1 tune and intake.
Worth a shot right? :thumbsup:
Ha, they did that already. I believe Arin mentioned they've been beta testing for a year.

xd-data-ii

Go Kart Champion
It's just app updates after all that. All that was completed for the release in early December last year. Nothing has been added since and it's not going to be much to add features after that. When you release a mobile device app product it has to have commitment to ongoing, frequent development and improvements. Especially for the price people invested in it and that's the expectation in the high cost of it. Even more so with the fact they are stuck with it on the one car. It's not a product for infrequent updates and just bug fixes. And purchasers should get more communication and plan updates on it. That's what I believe anyway.

xd-data-ii

Go Kart Champion
Well ok I'm sure a lot of work is involved with it but once the communications and reading of data groundwork is sorted, creating things like gauge displays or other ways of showing the data being read coming in could be completed somewhat quickly.
This is related to whats already established to improve the product as is.
Controlling other apr products via it is obviously more work but still need to develop the app for whats already there.
If all the updates are just going to be "you can now do this and that with a new DSG tune, or with some new tune" whilst not developing it for the rest I'll be pissed.
But anyway I'll just wait and see.

Last edited:

ViRtUaLheretic

╭∩╮(︶__︶&#6
APR should just purchase Zynga and then revamp their mobile apps lol
Stage 3+ Farmville FTW

Arin@APR

GOLFMK7 Official Sponsor
Well ok I'm sure a lot of work is involved with it but once the communications and reading of data groundwork is sorted, creating things like gauge displays or other ways of showing the data being read coming in could be completed somewhat quickly.

Items like that, yes, much quicker. However, engineering is focusing on releasing the android version before moving to these features.

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie
Arin,do I need to specify then to my tuner or to APR ahead of time, on what I want for the tune as far as removing kickdown, etc?

KaJ

Ready to race!
During the flash, they are given options. Just let them know what you want!

Be sure to specify 7100rpm limit if you have the v3 K04 file. It defaults to 6800rpm for people that may still be running v2.

A3SBQ

Ready to race!
Arin@APR
Can I flash my DSG with the K04 sw version even if I am still on the v2 K04 file?

GTIMKV20

APR Stage I
I swear my 2012 GTI (K03 stage I) doesn't shift until 7100 and it sure as hell shifts after 6800.. am I the only one or should I worry I got the wrong flash?

bluescreenofwin

Ready to race!
I swear my 2012 GTI (K03 stage I) doesn't shift until 7100 and it sure as hell shifts after 6800.. am I the only one or should I worry I got the wrong flash?

My car did this even before my stage 2 flash. WOT I can consistently hit 7100 in S mode. While in D I hit around 6800. IMO I wouldn't worry.

thatspsychotic

Ready to race!
My car did this even before my stage 2 flash. WOT I can consistently hit 7100 in S mode. While in D I hit around 6800. IMO I wouldn't worry.

I thought I saw that as well, but I believe the physical tach needle reads about 4% high. This is based on my comparisons between the OBDII RPM readout via the Torque app vs. the physical tach needle.

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie
During the flash, they are given options. Just let them know what you want!

cool, thank you - do they have like, a menu to go over , essentially? :) That is very cool that you can fine tune it.

Be sure to specify 7100rpm limit if you have the v3 K04 file. It defaults to 6800rpm for people that may still be running v2.

nice. good catch there. thanks :thumbsup: