GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

APR V2.5 Now Available for the MK6 GTI

GTiMKVI

Passed Driver's Ed
Hi Arin,
I Have a 2011 GTi. Leased it and then bought it off the lease. When I bought it, I had the VW dealer who is an APR distributor, do a stage 1 flash on the car. Recently my fan wouldn’t shut off after turning off the car, and it was determined by my mechanic that the ECU is shot. I’ve looked at various posts, and have seen others with the same issue. Since my car was flashed in December of 2013, it was a bench flash, so it requires opening the ECU. Many posts state that APR would repair it if I paid the shipping costs. Is this correct?

Thanks

Last edited:

Allchokedup

Autocross Champion
Any more input from 6MT with the 2.5v tune, hows the car drive now? I have the 2.4 version and HATE the tune. My biggest gripe with 2.4 is gas pedal response is horrible...it feels like i have 2 inches of deal travel before i can start revving the engine. I can't slowly roll into the RPM range.

I am 6mt and do not have the issue you described above. First gear is jerky and sometimes second gear..

Mslstudio22

Any more input from 6MT with the 2.5v tune, hows the car drive now? I have the 2.4 version and HATE the tune. My biggest gripe with 2.4 is gas pedal response is horrible...it feels like i have 2 inches of deal travel before i can start revving the engine. I can't slowly roll into the RPM range.

The update solved this IMO. Throttle and peddle position feels more normal...no more dead pedal after 60%

Mslstudio22

I did get the update, and im 6mt. The throttle response is much different...like you have to relearn how put your foot down. Before on .4 revision, you only needed a little throttle to get spoolin, now you have to lean in a bit more to get it to go..BUT! It does go...i think the drivability of this tune will help with fuel economy, its much easier to drive smooth. Im really enjoyinging it. Its like...more mature, lol.
One thing i will add...along with the tune i got the no lift shift option..ANYBODY WITH 6MT GET THE NO LIFT SHIFT! The car spins going into third gear now, and im on the low torque file btw. I cant tell if i notice a torque decrease..maybe, but it could be in my head..i raced my buddies 370z tonight and beat him more than i normally do..but i cant tell if its the tune or the no lift shift..

UPDATE: Freakin loving this tune. Nice job apr.