GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Arm Motorsports front mount ...

urbanevil

Ready to race!
Have had mine for 7k, same deal, loving it!

jjohns1508

Ready to race!
Just installed mine

Hello, I just installed the Arm Motorsport FMIC. It wasn't too bad, took about two hours ( no Oem delete).
Question, after install I can hear the whooshing sound of air when on boost. Is that normal? Boost pressure seems fine. It sits at 18 psi and doesn't seem to drop. I have a Cobb stage 2 ots tune. Power seems as good or better than before. Maybe the clamps aren't sealing like they should or maybe s normal.

GreyGti1990

Ready to race!
Hello, I just installed the Arm Motorsport FMIC. It wasn't too bad, took about two hours ( no Oem delete).
Question, after install I can hear the whooshing sound of air when on boost. Is that normal? Boost pressure seems fine. It sits at 18 psi and doesn't seem to drop. I have a Cobb stage 2 ots tune. Power seems as good or better than before. Maybe the clamps aren't sealing like they should or maybe s normal.

Did you reuse the same hose from the TOP to intercooler or did they provide a new one? I know when I installed my intercooler (Uni) I totally forgot to transfer the plastic O-ring from the old hose to the new hose so I got a giant boost leak. But that also threw me into limp mode. It did make a loud turbo spool noise which I thought was cool but it was most definitely a boost leak.

jjohns1508

Ready to race!
They supply some nice hoses. I transferred the o-ring to the new TOP hose adapter. The clamps seem tight, but one in particular is tightened as far as it will go. I will get the smaller diameter clamps and see if it changes anything.

Dans GTI

Ready to race!
For the guys who installed the FMIC, did you keep the OEM intercooler in place? If so, have you experienced any over heating?

UberFast

Ready to race!
I've had mine on for a few weeks now in south carolina heat with the factory intercooler still in place. Coolant temps haven't risen any above normal.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Pmanpop

Go Kart Champion
For the guys who installed the FMIC, did you keep the OEM intercooler in place? If so, have you experienced any over heating?

I did keep my stock IC and driving from LA to Vegas in 110°f I saw a rise in my coolant temps. I was forced to stay at 72mph. Any mph over that and the needle would move.

HoldDaMayo

Leaner and Meaner
I left my stock IC in and driving around for 30ish minutes at a time in 105-108 degree temperature on and off the last few weeks has been no problem, never saw the needle move, never had any performance issues.