GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

ARM Motorsports Mk6 Gti review.

Noodle1

Ready to race!
I'm VERY interested in hearing from someone that has been able to prevent a CEL with this downpipe. I'll likely be purchasing it in the near future and will need to prevent a CEL to pass emissions.

For anyone currently testing out spacer configurations, here's some good info.

Yea so im using a torque solution's 90 degree spacer and i got a cel around 90 ish miles later. I cleared the code again but if anything, im probably going to buy the vibrant spacer with adjustable flow thingy's.

Joveen

Ready to race!
Oh heck. Guess I'll just muscle up and go stage 2 then since everyone is getting CEL lol.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

Noodle1

Ready to race!
Oh heck. Guess I'll just muscle up and go stage 2 then since everyone is getting CEL lol.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

I will eventually but the problems for me are 1) Nj emissions 2) my clutch will most likely start slipping at stage 2

Noodle1

Ready to race!
I'm VERY interested in hearing from someone that has been able to prevent a CEL with this downpipe. I'll likely be purchasing it in the near future and will need to prevent a CEL to pass emissions.

Update: So after tightening everything down and fixing my exhaust leaks I cleared my downpipe code and it never came back as of 300 miles, Super happy with the torque solutions 90 degree spacer

jon570

Ready to race!
Update: So after tightening everything down and fixing my exhaust leaks I cleared my downpipe code and it never came back as of 300 miles, Super happy with the torque solutions 90 degree spacer

where did you get it from. And did you put it on the post cat 02?

farscape79

Passed Driver's Ed

i have an ARM Motorsport catted DP also, no CEL. i took a page out of AWE's book. i used a straight O2 spacer on the front sensor, and a 90* facing forward on the rear. i have about 7,000 miles on it and not once did it throw a CEL. i got the O2 sensor spacers off of Amazon for like $30-$35 total for both.

oh, i also have their "stealth" FMIC. that's a nice piece as well. :thumbsup:

GreyGti1990

Ready to race!
i have an ARM Motorsport catted DP also, no CEL. i took a page out of AWE's book. i used a straight O2 spacer on the front sensor, and a 90* facing forward on the rear. i have about 7,000 miles on it and not once did it throw a CEL. i got the O2 sensor spacers off of Amazon for like $30-$35 total for both.

oh, i also have their "stealth" FMIC. that's a nice piece as well. :thumbsup:

Got a picture of the car with the black intercooler? Thinking about doing the same thing

farscape79

Passed Driver's Ed

Attachments

• IMG_20170309_112816.JPG
    IMG_20170309_112816.JPG
    537.6 KB · Views: 154

GreyGti1990

Ready to race!

farscape79

Passed Driver's Ed
Niceeee thanks. Got 1 with the bumper back on??

Not yet. I can get one a little later. I'm at work at the moment, so when I leave for the day, I'll snap a pic and throw it up here when I get home. I'll be honest, if you don't know it's there, you'll never see it. Personally, I think it adds to the whole "sleeper" effect. ;)

GreyGti1990

Ready to race!
Not yet. I can get one a little later. I'm at work at the moment, so when I leave for the day, I'll snap a pic and throw it up here when I get home. I'll be honest, if you don't know it's there, you'll never see it. Personally, I think it adds to the whole "sleeper" effect. ;)

Sexyyyy. Are you going to do any before and after logs with the intake temps? But yeah, I wanted to go the whole sleeper route. Don't want a front mount blasting out in the open on a car that i gotta daily to work but at the same time... I might just leave it silver lol. Depends on what brand I go with

farscape79

Passed Driver's Ed
Sexyyyy. Are you going to do any before and after logs with the intake temps? But yeah, I wanted to go the whole sleeper route. Don't want a front mount blasting out in the open on a car that i gotta daily to work but at the same time... I might just leave it silver lol. Depends on what brand I go with

I actually forgot to take a baseline for intake temps. What I can definitely say is that there's MUCH less pressure drop. I had the Neuspeed Power Module set at 8 psi with the stock intercooler and it pulled real nice. I threw this one on, took it for a spin, and was running out of fuel REAL fast at the top of the rev band (stuttering like a MF). I dropped it to 5 psi (just a dip switch for 5 psi or 8 psi) and that sumbitch pulls better than high boost with the stock IC. With any luck, I'll be going full Stage 2 in a few weeks. Something else, I'd go black anyway because the paint/coating they use is heat absorbing. That being said, you'll get an extra few degrees intake temp drop. It won't do anything for the 1320, but it'll do a little bit for engine timing.

GreyGti1990

Ready to race!
I actually forgot to take a baseline for intake temps. What I can definitely say is that there's MUCH less pressure drop. I had the Neuspeed Power Module set at 8 psi with the stock intercooler and it pulled real nice. I threw this one on, took it for a spin, and was running out of fuel REAL fast at the top of the rev band (stuttering like a MF). I dropped it to 5 psi (just a dip switch for 5 psi or 8 psi) and that sumbitch pulls better than high boost with the stock IC. With any luck, I'll be going full Stage 2 in a few weeks. Something else, I'd go black anyway because the paint/coating they use is heat absorbing. That being said, you'll get an extra few degrees intake temp drop. It won't do anything for the 1320, but it'll do a little bit for engine timing.

The black paint might actually increase temps because of thermodynamics but it's very minimal so I'm not worried. Intake temps just worry me with this intercooler but it seems to be on par with neuspeed and water/meth could probably make up for the temps if they are still high. Should be an increase over stock no matter what... just donno how it compares to other aftermarket intercooler