GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

AZNWHIP's 2011 CW Mk6 TDI Build Thread

AZN_C300

Ready to race!
How are you going to handle the fender lining on the inside of the wheel well? Very interested to see how the turns out.

For the front, the fender has built in inner liner extenders to bridge the gap. For the rear, the existing fender liner is still there, they cut and bent the fender outwards as the base for the CF extension and cut and bolt the extending liner on top outer edge so it flexes flat on top instead of curve down.

isons429

Ready to race!
This is very cool, looking really good. The finished product is going to be :wub:

AZN_C300

Ready to race!
Been in paint for the past week (ugh holidays), but picking her up tomorrow. I'll get some pics then. Then next up will be the stud conversion and BBK.

Rotaryknight

Go Kart Champion
18x9.0, +45 Offset, 5x114.3 (was going to run wobble, but just decided to redrill and run stud conversion). I almost got the Tokyo Time Attacks which would have allowed me to run 19x8.5 also with +45 offset, but I just love the unique pressed graphite look SLs have. Mackin had both in the warehouse so no wait time.

Ha I need to go and bug Eddie when I get back from vacation. I almost want to switch out eh G25 for something else already. Wheel ADD.....I almost ran a set of TE redrilled but he pushed me on the G25

AZN_C300

Ready to race!
Looks like saturday pickup as I just decided to have the paint shop go ahead and fix all my paint chips while it was there.

Those new Gramlight 57FXXs are interesting :D

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Yeah, those look pretty sweet....love the design, but they're cast though and I prefer the strength of forged.

DUBPL8

Go Kart Champion
Damn wish I had the capital to do all that haha can't wait to see the final result after paint!

dustinouch

Go Kart Champion
Yeah, those look pretty sweet....love the design, but they're cast though and I prefer the strength of forged.

Agreed on the forged. Plus that image that Evasive posted on their IG looks like its a 10-10.5" wheel, who knows if the face will be as concave in anything <9"

Rotaryknight

Go Kart Champion
Agreed on the forged. Plus that image that Evasive posted on their IG looks like its a 10-10.5" wheel, who knows if the face will be as concave in anything <9"

Trust me...we don't get crap. I've been bugging Mackin for the longest time. We just don't get a good face option on our offsets and bolt pattern. Every time something new comes out I go down there and take a look. I think my friend is gonna kill me. Plus it's too hard for me to resell Volks when I get tired of them. I keep wanting to switch wheels again but I'm scared I'll get stuck.

Mackin just told me the 57FXX start at 20" smaller sizes are under development. With the VW market getting stronger in Japan we will see more applications for us.

Last edited:

AZN_C300

Ready to race!
Trust me...we don't get crap. I've been bugging Mackin for the longest time. We just don't get a good face option on our offsets and bolt pattern. Every time something new comes out I go down there and take a look. I think my friend is gonna kill me. Plus it's too hard for me to resell Volks when I get tired of them. I keep wanting to switch wheels again but I'm scared I'll get stuck.

Mackin just told me the 57FXX start at 20" smaller sizes are under development. With the VW market getting stronger in Japan we will see more applications for us.

That's why I went wide....application limitation problem fixed lol

dustinouch

Go Kart Champion
With the VW market getting stronger in Japan we will see more applications for us.

Wouldn't hold my breath, it's harder to get the majority of VW guys to spend money on wheels compared to the JDM crowd. Look at all the custom wheel set group buys for the FRS/BRZ forums. Oh well easier to stand out :D

AZN, are you doing your body work at the same place that filled your bumper holes? I need a quote get my front end re-sprayed.