GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Bender Builds a Backroad Burner

Saabstory

.:R32 OG Member # 002
Bruce emailed :D

Bruce is awesome like that. When i ordered my XB; I got one mailed to me from a faulty batch; the brace was riveted on backwards (the "front" of the brace has presunk screw holes so the screws sit flush, so the bracing has to go on the other side).

I called Bruce, e-mailed him a pic, and had a pre-paid shipping return label and a new brace overnighted to me.

Bruce is awesome :thumbsup:

Saabstory

Neither are too tough to install; the most important thing is just to make sure the car is as level as possible first. But the XB does require a nutsert tool to do properly. There is a thread on vortex where they are passing around the tool to people as needed; there are 2 or 3 floaters out there now.

I can get you a link to it if needed

Bender1

Banned
After Jason's input and speaking with Bruce @ unibrace and my engineer I went ahead and ordered the Unibrace XB today.

Should have a review of it sometime soon!

Edit - thinking the Unibrace XB might be a nice place to mount a camera...

Last edited:

Saabstory

You want to mount a camera? Try this out for your driving pleasure... :D

I have this in Aluminum (both work exactly the same way); but I wish I'd splurged and gotten the CF, it is just so friggin' gorgeous...

Bender1

Banned

grambles423

Automotive Engineer
Lol your "engineer"

FYI, I ran some base calculations and I'm seeing some considerable improvement across the board. I'm talking some really rough numbers, so my accuracy might be a bit shot. But it seems the body flexion can be decreased by about 15%. Give or take 5% lol

Let us know how the brace works out!

omerkm11

Ready to race!
I am pretty jealous of this build. Damn wisdom, I just wanted to make my 4dr look cool and go fast. Ha ha....

P

plac

Thanks!

It certainly isn't going to be the fastest or most powerful, but my goal is that it is the most thought out, the best sorted out, and amongst the best for backroads while still set up for daily driving.

yes do let me know about your brace. i have one waiting to be picked up by me, but i wont have time till prob next week at this rate. maybe you will have your review by then.

P

plac

I should have it in my hands next tuesday according to UPS and then install will be that weekend, hopefully

ah i might have one before then.. wait... you mean the UB brace or something else? that would take 10-15 mins to install.. wont you install it the day you get it?