• Candy White

Votes: 147 29.5%

• Total voters

ghause

Passed Driver's Ed

SBM!

Bender1

Banned
and...one last concern: does the white tend to fade with age and look grey-ish or would the Candy White always be the same brilliant white?

Modern automotive paints will not fade for many many many years.

Any car you see that looks faded has not been maintained at all.

woofie2

Ready to race!
For white or black, u need to keep ur car very clean, weekly washes minimum.

If u want something tat looks gd while u can be lazy, carbon steel grey

I disagree with that... the white looks fine when it's not clean. The car I test drove in winter was carbon steel... it looked HORRIBLE with the road salt on it.

White, white gold, tan and even silver or Shark Blue are good colors for looking clean when they are not perfectly waxed and polished.

where as darker colors, black, united gray, or blue graphite, are going to show every spec of dust.

daihard

Ready to race!
White, white gold, tan and even silver or Shark Blue are good colors for looking clean when they are not perfectly waxed and polished.

where as darker colors, black, united gray, or blue graphite, are going to show every spec of dust.
How about red? :thumbsup:

Cybe

GolfMK5 Graduate
I went for CW, but I have to say -- I really like the UG a lot. So I voted for it.

Regarding rail dust, mine came out with some clay action. Wasn't so bad after all.
Regarding looking clean while dirty, I've gotta disagree - my car looks dirty immediately.. And a freshly polished white car doesn't have the same impact as a metallic. :(

Now my Fahrenheit, lol... it looked just fine dirty. :p

sijray21

Go Kart Newbie
Red FTW - i'm kinda glad a lot of people don't have my favorite color, ha. i LOVE Tornado Red. I loved it on the MK IV R32 and i love it on the MKVI.

Personal Preference In-Order:
1) Red
2) White
3) Black
4) Carbon Steel Grey
5) Blue
6) United Grey

daihard

Ready to race!
Red FTW - i'm kinda glad a lot of people don't have my favorite color, ha. i LOVE Tornado Red. I loved it on the MK IV R32 and i love it on the MKVI.

Personal Preference In-Order:
1) Red

Great minds think alike. :w00t:

Basil_Fawlty

Ready to race!
Modern automotive paints will not fade for many many many years.

Any car you see that looks faded has not been maintained at all.

Or, sits outside in the rainy weather and acid rain is etching it off faster, certain colors fade out faster than others and the acid rains speed it along. That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

Noize

Go Kart Champion
Candy White all the way! My current car is black, and you can see swirl marks all the way from lunar orbit. I can spend a ton of time making it look great, and in two months it looks like crap again. Never buying black again. Ever.

DD89

Ready to race!
Blue and White are my favorites. My brother has a black sports car so I got kind of worn out with that color, and both of the grays just don't appeal to me. Red I think is nice as well, that's right below Blue and White for me.

r56mcs

Ready to race!
white is in the second place. With few more votes we can win this one! Come on white owners! Unite!

Gti-mrk6

Ready to race!
I wish silver was available in the US (like my first GTI -mk4)

Attachments

• silver gti.jpg
    silver gti.jpg
    161.5 KB · Views: 1,634
Last edited:

Basil_Fawlty

Ready to race!
white is in the second place. With few more votes we can win this one! Come on white owners! Unite!

Looks like CSG is winning! :)

I hear that the CSG's a a litter faster too.... :yikes:

CadMan

Ready to race!
If silver was available I would have considered it after seeing that photo.
That is $hit Hawt!