Votes: 144 28.9%
  • United Gray

Votes: 49 9.8%
  • Candy White

Votes: 147 29.5%

• Total voters

Bmath340

Ready to race!
IMO...black is for people that cant make up their mind. white is a more luxurious color.

but i chose CSG, its a GREAT color, not just boring black, and not dull gray, but Carbon Steel GRAY! awesome color! good job VW! :thumbup:

Think original Integra Type R...

but a black GTI is so sweet.... just too damn hot here in Houston and it tends to minimize the already small size of the car. Red is growing on me... that or I feel the need to dress up like an Indian bride at her wedding. CSG is for stealth operators/ anonymous.... United Gray will make you terminally depressed, but looks better on the mk6. Shadow blue insinuates the driver is either overweight or bought the car while off their meds. So my flends, white is either virginal...or commands presence.

hate me now.

BentValve

Ready to race!
Candy White is nice but Deep Black Metallic makes the GTI look more like the sports car that it is. I suppose white might have its advantages with cops thinking its slower.
"107 officer? This car will not go that fast, it tops out at 77MPH." :)

Don't know if this applies to auto paint, but I know that for canoes (ok, I'm Canadian) the iron in the red pigment actually make a red canoe up to 2 lbs heavier.

I wonder if a red car wouldn't weigh a bit more and therefore be a bit slower on the road!

oh.. that's why the mags tested a red GTI and it was slower than an MK5:lol:

falconeight1

Ready to race!
looks like everyone likes their own color choice.

sukanas1

Ready to race!

I actually picked tornado red (and wouldve picked blue too)
I own a CSG though. I think the CSG looks the best stock. However, because it seems to hard to 'color match,' I dont know if its the 'best.' Honestly though, any color on the GTI looks good :thumbsup:

danielj1

Go Kart Champion

Nope, I wanted black but there wasn't one with the equipment I wanted on the West Coast at my time of purchase so I'm stuck with Blue.

What up with you, just because you don't have them many? ;)

ha... you know.... the only additional color that I'd have over here is the reflex silver. Damn, what a great color to show off the mk6 lines.... why VW why?:confused:

well, on a + note... at least I paid the equivalent of 15,000 UK pounds sterling for my 2010 (280 miles on it when bought). (18s, xenons, dynaudio/ bt) ... I'll take the limited color palette for an amazing deal on the car I wanted, in my favorite car color.

Last edited:

Marvin

Ready to race!
ha... you know.... the only additional color that I'd have over here is the reflex silver. Damn, what a great color to show off the mk6 lines.... why VW why?:confused:

well, on a + note... at least I paid the equivalent of 15,000 UK pounds sterling for my 2010 (280 miles on it when bought). (18s, xenons, dynaudio/ bt) ... I'll take the limited color palette for an amazing deal on the car I wanted, in my favorite car color.
Reflex is the only colour I would ever consider having and this is my second Golf with that very colour. A very good colour for cars that are not garaged and that can't be cleaned every day, such as black or any other very deep and glossy colours.

LCR 225 1.8T

While I'm pleased my photo of a Reflex Silver GTI made your forum, I would prefer it if my photo was linked to my flickr page where I uploaded it, rather than taken and used without my permission.

Here's some links to more pics I took of the Reflex Silver GTI at my local VW dealer. (btw I hope to get a Mk6 GTI as my next car and I am leaning towards Deep Black or Candy White!)

http://www.flickr.com/photos/23574881@N06/3824046335

http://www.flickr.com/photos/23574881@N06/3824003647

http://www.flickr.com/photos/23574881@N06/3824806082

http://www.flickr.com/photos/23574881@N06/3824047217

Cackalacka

Ready to race!
Yeah of the tiger: Candy White is where it is at.

That said, when I was presented with color options by the dealer, my order was: CSG, Black, Red, White, Blue, UG (let the girlfriend pick the colors, as she let me use her extra Jeep the month after my Honda died and I was shopping around.)

In the end, the first available 4door manual was white (which would have been one of my top choices.

In hindsight, this was the ideal outcome.

My main concern would be the glare from the hood on the CW, but as the hood is not visible from the front, this is a non-issue.

While black and carbon steel look better waxed, the white looks better the day after.

Red is straight sexy, but I prefer being a little discreet if I'm going over.

The week after I got home, I saw a blue and my jaw dropped. The photos online and in the brochures do the real-world color no justice.

mscm888

Passed Driver's Ed
I love my CSG! Beautiful color.