GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Bird dropping etching

georgy

Ready to race!
I've had this thing etched into the clearcoat for a while. Wondering what the best way to remove it is? What compound? Hand or machine? Wet sanding required?

You can definitely feel the edge of it by running your finger through it.

uploadfromtaptalk1397421024109.jpg
uploadfromtaptalk1397421047999.jpg

Sent from my SGH-I527M using Tapatalk

lilfleck

Go Kart Champion
oh dear lordy. I would try tarminator (by stoners) first... that likely won't work, so my next plan would be to hit it with an aggressive compound and mf pad. That's just me...

georgy

Ready to race!
Nah, bug and tar removers won't work.

My question really should have just been whether I should wet sand before using a rubbing compound or not...

georgy

Ready to race!
easy to say, but doing any sort of buffing or sanding near an edge where the paint is thin could get you in trouble pretty quick.

Tru dat
I might just look for a good detailer to take care of it. I'm an amateur at best when it comes to that.

aj_law

Go Kart Champion
Hit it with some Meguiars M105.

If that doesn't get rid of it, you're probably gonna have to get it wet sanded out by a pro.

FriggenT

Go Kart Champion
Tru dat
I might just look for a good detailer to take care of it. I'm an amateur at best when it comes to that.

I've been doing it for about 10 years and wetsanding for me is a last resort.

georgy

Ready to race!
Update:

The stain turned out to be a calcium/mineral deposit.

I soaked it with a 50/50 solution of distilled water / white vinegar and it came off almost instantly.

nvturbo

Go Kart Champion
I get this shit (pun intended) whenever I park under a tree at work. I always remove it with degreaser when I get home.