GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Black Dots on the rear end

Pjai

Ready to race!
Anyone hving trouble keeping the back of their car clean?

I usually wash it every weekend but through out the week i get alot of black dots building up on the boot hatch(Candy White car). I try to rinse it through out the week but they dont really come off unless u wash it properly which i cant really do through out the week(starts to get dark at around 6pm in NZ during winter). But by the end of the week, after being baked under the sun for a few more days, the only way to get them off is to use a claybar. But I dont really want to clay and wax every weekend.. perhaps I should use a clay bar + Meguiar Ultimate Quicker Detailer to replace the wax?

I have jst applied some Autoglym Extra Gloss Protection on the back this weekend, hopefully it will make then easier to wash off the dirt and surface run offs that gets build up on the back.

Anyway, any1 hve similar issues? or is it jst NZ roads are dirtier

Also, wat do you guys use to clean the gaps withing the "GTI" Badge?

Randum

Go Kart Champion
i think its the nature of the car to be honest, the back end gets dirty really fast.

And to clean the badge, I use the edges of a microfiber or qtip will do the trick!

KanDyWyte1

Ready to race!
Yup. Gotta claybar it. It's the nature of the beast. My last hatch was black so it was not as noticeable; but now with the CW you see every spec! I've claybar'd the car a couple times already.

mikochu

boogerface
Yeah, they are metal (iron?) particles and they call it industrial fallout. It'll show up on all cars, you just notice it more on white cars. You have to use claybar to get rid of them. They'll start to oxidize, but a little elbow grease should get rid of them.

Pjai

Ready to race!
But claybar are exp in NZ :( Mothers Clay kit goes for $60NZD (40USD) on this side of the globe.