GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Blown away by stock speakers this morning...

Skirball

Ready to race!
So I downloaded Dave Matthews Band's new album in FLAC format, converted it to Apple Lossless format (ALAC), and stuck it on my iPod. I had my MDI volume set to minimum, I was able to push the unit to volume 28 with zero distortion and it sounded unreal. It's a shame Apple doesn't offer FLAC or ALAC from their iTunes store.

These speakers really are great, you just need 1400kbps audio files. :p

I can't imagine Dave Matthews sounding good regardless of the format.

rawbdog

Go Kart Champion

^^^hehehe. I have the dyna audio speakers and i still am not that impressed. i wish the bass wasnt so crappy sounding at higher volumes.

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie
I do not believe such a forum exists. The cantankerous vets and their search function protests aren't going anywhere. The best bet you have is to post such questions when Matlock is on and at least you'll have an hour to fish for answers before they return to tell you to use the damn search button.

interesting.....

fpayson

Ready to race!
i like my stock non-dyno speakers too. but i also had a honda before... but like people said I think a sub would top it off nicely tho

Skirball

Ready to race!
i like my stock non-dyno speakers too. but i also had a honda before... but like people said I think a sub would top it off nicely tho

It helps immensely, though it's still a little weak in the midrange and I fight distortion through MDI. Suppose I should look into this lossless stuff myself. Sub was definitely worth the cost IMO.

Storch

Go Kart Champion
i think the stereo in our cars is awesome honestly, huge improvement from the honda civic si "premium audio system"

rawbdog

Go Kart Champion
i think the stereo in our cars is awesome honestly, huge improvement from the honda civic si "premium audio system"

my last car had just a radio and a 6 cd changer in the trunk! and speakers that sounded like garbage (97 civic). but yes, this stereo system is awesome!

dudemanz

Ready to race!
It's amazing how much better the audio sounds when the engine isn't running. The engine noise cancels out of lot of the bass.

ilimit

Ready to race!
I use to drove an Si with a 350 watt Prem sound + woofer. That was a great sounding system. The stock speakers in the golf were on par with that system even without dynaudio or woofer. Now the WRX was a different story. One of the reason why I cancelled my order. Need my music! :D