GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Build your own RSR clutch kit - Parts list

GolNat

Autocross Champion
So, I just ordered the parts I think I need. I'm pretty sure the flywheel is only 10K miles old, as it was replaced by previous owner. Clutch is relatively new, but I've gone stage 2, and am getting slipping in higher gears. Am I missing anything?

Audi VW Clutch Disc - Sachs 03G141031P
Audi VW Clutch Disc - Sachs 03G141031P​
01​
$98.07​
Audi Clutch Kit - Sachs K70490-01
Audi Clutch Kit - Sachs K70490-01​
01​
$484.90​
Audi VW Hex Bolt Genuine Audi VW - N90847002
Audi VW Hex Bolt Genuine Audi VW - N90847002​
03​
$4.35​
Audi VW Pressure Plate Bolt - Genuine Audi VW - N90320701
Audi VW Pressure Plate Bolt - Genuine Audi VW - N90320701​
06​
$8.58​
Audi VW Flywheel Bolt - Genuine VW Audi N90665001
Audi VW Flywheel Bolt - Genuine VW Audi N90665001​
08​
$16.32​
Manual Transmission Fluid (1 Liter) - Febi G052171A2
Manual Transmission Fluid (1 Liter) - Febi G052171A2​
03​
$33.42​
Audi VW Clutch Release Bearing and Slave Cylinder Assembly - LuK 0A5141671
LUK Throw Out Bearing $55

You need some stretch bolts. Axle flange, motor mounts and the case bolts.

I forgot motor Mount bolts and the case bolts. Ended up replacing the motor Mounts a few months later with metal bolts from my BFI mounts

torga

Autocross Champion

I forgot motor Mount bolts and the case bolts. Ended up replacing the motor Mounts a few months later with metal bolts from my BFI mounts
Was coming to say this same thing.

You'll also need a rear main seal replacement. You don't want to put everything back together only for it to bust shortly after.

dman928

Was coming to say this same thing.

You'll also need a rear main seal replacement. You don't want to put everything back together only for it to bust shortly after.

The entire clutch was replaced before I purchased the car, and the RMS was replaced at that time. 10K miles on the RMS and clutch. (Yup, going Stage 2 will cause even a new clutch to slip at High RPM)

dman928

Do you have the part numbers on those by any chance. I've already gone through all 72 pages of this thread multiple times, and I can't bear the thought of doing it once again. :)

Thanks for the replies. Much appreciated.

Thumper

Autocross Champion
The entire clutch was replaced before I purchased the car, and the RMS was replaced at that time. 10K miles on the RMS and clutch. (Yup, going Stage 2 COULD cause even a new clutch to slip at High RPM)

Fixed that for you. LOL Put 13k miles (and dozens of track days) on the GTI factory clutch with Stg2 before trading it in and never slipped.

This thread looks to have the part numbers you need. (y)

https://www.golfmk6.com/forums/index.php?threads/parts-list-for-mkvi-gti-clutch-install.279211/

dman928

Fixed that for you. LOL Put 13k miles (and dozens of track days) on the GTI factory clutch with Stg2 before trading it in and never slipped.

This thread looks to have the part numbers you need. (y)

https://www.golfmk6.com/forums/index.php?threads/parts-list-for-mkvi-gti-clutch-install.279211/

Thanks for the link. I found that thread a couple days ago, and got all the necessary parts. Just drilled out the pressure plate, and am all ready to install the new clutch.

I'm just going by my experience. My clutch was pretty much brand new,. I honestly thought I wouldn't have an issue, because all seemed fine, but I did after a month. Granted it only slipped once, but it happened when I was forced to change lanes and accellerate hard on the highway when I got cut off by someone who cut across 3 lanes. I almost got rear ended since I couldn't accelerate when I needed to. YMMV. :)

GolNat

Autocross Champion

kosmaras

Go Kart Newbie
Hey everyone…having issues with my TTRS clutch and looking for some advice.

17k miles ago I installed the following -

New LUK DMF (06J-105-266-H-LUK)
TTRS Pressure Plate (07K-141-015-B)
Sachs Disc (03G-141-031-T)
Metal TOB (0A514167F)

Car ran great and seemed to hold K04 power and torque fine. I haven’t been easy on the car, but neither abusive. I’ve done many logs on the 91, 93, and 100 octane IE files (2k-redline pulls).

Recently I’ve noticed the clutch barely slipping at peak torque in 4th (4,000rpm). Kind of surprised it’s slipping so soon since I’m well under the torque limit of the clutch.

Did I use an incorrect part? Someone recently said the LUK DMF can’t be used with Sachs components, but that unsubstantiated. They both make parts to replace the same OE PN.

GolNat

Autocross Champion
can you elaborate more on this??

thanks

There is a restrictor valve in the clutch line. I forget what it does exactly, but it can make the clutch pedal inconsistent. Removing it is supposed to make the clutch more predictable.