GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Calling All Tuned MK6's how many miles on it?

aspro_gti

Autocross Champion

supreme_gti

Go Kart Champion
the race track eats your car's brakes, tires, fluids, etc.... but if you do decide to track your GTI's... make sure to do pre and post inspection/maintenance!

aspro_gti

Autocross Champion
I plan on tracking mine, have nearly all the mods for putting a beating on the car.
Nice pfp tdream.

tdream1

Autocross Newbie
the race track eats your car's brakes, tires, fluids, etc.... but if you do decide to track your GTI's... make sure to do pre and post inspection/maintenance!
Exactly the reason I don’t. 😁

JOHNDERS2586

Ready to race!
No, granted it has all the goodies to. I just like having fun in the twisties and some open highway pulls.
I am curious, what was your impressions going from KO4 to the GTX2867? Huge difference? I doubt ill go this route being I'm getting up in mileage an just seems like a lot of investment for the age/ risk at this point.. but I cant say I'm not curious/ tempted..

supreme_gti

Go Kart Champion
I plan on tracking mine, have nearly all the mods for putting a beating on the car.
Nice pfp tdream.
I will do so as well BUT after I have a Toyota Tundra to move the GTI to the racetrack and back home. I Want to own the Tundra pick up truck prior to tracking my GTI. In the works!

I would go GTX2867 once my bank balance is in the high six figure range.... financial freedom is way more important to me at the moment...

tdream1

Autocross Newbie
I am curious, what was your impressions going from KO4 to the GTX2867? Huge difference? I doubt ill go this route being I'm getting up in mileage an just seems like a lot of investment for the age/ risk at this point.. but I cant say I'm not curious/ tempted..
It definitely pulls much harder and power is available even higher in the rpm range. It’s definitely a big investment. My car had such low mileage that it wasn’t a concern for me. I was actually working with Alex from Stratified with a custom tune for my K04 set up. He was just starting to dial it in for my WMI system and I just decided to bite the bullet and go with a bigger turbo. I’m super happy with it using APR Stage 3 software

aspro_gti

Autocross Champion
There's none like 1.9 degrees of adjustment. Having an early tensioner is the scary part.
Chains don't stretch they wear.
They stretch. I replaced mine.
If you don't believe me, I can show you pictures of the difference in lengths.

Alpinee30

Go Kart Newbie
They do get longer, I do not disagree but the Pin and the link wear and it adds up to more length. Being dense it's not stretching.

LightningRhod

Go Kart Champion
So I'm at 210k miles and counting :cool:

Bought her brand new back in 2010 and the car was APR Stage 2 for the majority of it's life until 2 years ago (flashed back to Stage 1 and removed downpipe to stay CARB legal. Got tired of "knowing a guy" to pass smog for me). Car was also getting tracked about once or twice a year as well, but that's on pause right now with the amount of oil leaks found recently coming from the engine and transmission.

The GTI is still my DD by the way. I drive a lot less due to WFH most of the week, so I only drive about 7k miles per year.

Last edited:

aspro_gti

Autocross Champion
So I'm at 210k miles and counting :cool:

Bought her brand new back in 2010 and the car was APR Stage 2 for the majority of it's life until 2 years ago (flashed back to Stage 1 and removed downpipe to stay CARB legal. Got tired of "knowing a guy" to pass smog for me). Car was also getting tracked about once or twice a year as well, but that's on pause right now with the amount of oil leaks found recently coming from the engine and transmission.

The GTI is still my DD by the way. I drive a lot less due to WFH most of the week, so I only drive about 7k miles per year.
Still on the original timing chains?