GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Cars you wish weren't crap!

mycrors7

Go Kart Champion
sorry that was rude. gti's arent crap.

upon31

Passed Driver's Ed
Subaru 2.5RS. Underpowered in the US, cheap interior, head gasket failures, and terrible rust problems but it really looked great (loved the 2-door instead of the WRX's 4). Wanted one of those so bad back in the late 90s. Glad I never bought one.

Gonna throw the early 70s Chevy Vega into my list, too. One of the biggest shitboxes ever, but as a drag car or street rod, I love them. Cool little short-wheelbase cars with tubs, wheelie bars and a big block.

nik

Go Kart Champion
I'm probably the only one thinking this....97-03 Grand Prix should have had a manual option not that bad for a boat. The 04 + shouldn't have happened (FUGGLY and interior got worse. 89 - 91 6000 STE AWD why did they kill it? Oh that needed stick too.

Sent from the crapper using Fapatalk

Brinkmen

VW NUT!
I wish the MkVI US Jettas weren't such crap. I actually kinda like the body style with the GLI look if it. But it just feels much cheaper than the MkV Jettas, which it is.

The Passat is not as bad but in the same boat. Built just for the american market. Its really too bad. I just had a Passat 2.5 SE loaner the other day and all I can say good about it is that it looks pretty good, soft nice ride for the highway, and has a big fuel tank. Everything else is just...ehhh. SOOOOO much hard plastic inside.

artur1292

Go Kart Champion
Honestly, I thought the rx-8 was not a terrible car. Only part that sucked for me was mpg. For the little power it made it drank more than a v8. Most of the problems were easily solved. Bypass the omp system and feed it 2 stroke oil that way you can run a better heavier synthetic and upgrade the coil packs to the ls engine ones that one of the vendors sold. Wasn't cheap I think like 500 for the ls coil packs but was worth it at that point you only had to worry about spark plugs. I never had a problem with overheating but there was also the upgraded water pump and thermostat as well. Can't remember the vendors names that provided all this but yea. Wasn't a very bad car it's just you spent all your money on reliability mods but then again it was a VERY well engineered car. Some people would lose power by adding intakes and such so there was very little performance wise aftermarket can fix so it kind of balanced out.

CaptObvious75

Ready to race!
7 bolt eagle talons/ Mitsubishi eclipses. Great cars when they worked

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

XGC75

Go Kart Champion
I was about to mention the Chevy SS. I was going to denounce Chevy for putting a detuned LS motor with an automatic transmission into a heavy sedan, then defeating the purpose of the thing altogether with undefeatable traction control, suspension tuned for daily comfort and a high price tag.

BUT. Apparently they're putting the magnetic ride control and a 6 speed manual into the car as options. So most of my criticisms are now null and void :clap:

butchered by autocorrecr

Thunderfunk

Ready to race!
I was about to mention the Chevy SS. I was going to denounce Chevy for putting a detuned LS motor with an automatic transmission into a heavy sedan, then defeating the purpose of the thing altogether with undefeatable traction control, suspension tuned for daily comfort and a high price tag.

BUT. Apparently they're putting the magnetic ride control and a 6 speed manual into the car as options. So most of my criticisms are now null and void :clap:

butchered by autocorrecr

The Chevy SS is still crap to me because Holden had a beautiful looking vehicle in the Commodore SS and when Chevy finally brings it here they make it look like another boring American sedan. The Pontiac G8 you could at least buy a cosmetic conversion kit.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Tk_mkv1

Go Kart Champion
The Chevy SS is still crap to me because Holden had a beautiful looking vehicle in the Commodore SS and when Chevy finally brings it here they make it look like another boring American sedan. The Pontiac G8 you could at least buy a cosmetic conversion kit.

This, also they should brought the ute, prob an el camino successor

FNR32

Ready to race!
I wish the NSX had proper power. I wouldn't dare go as far as calling it crap, but it leaves a lot on the table for the price.

Tk_mkv1

Go Kart Champion
I wished bmw should never bother put those stupid runflats, my god it made my gti felt like a cadillac, after riding in a e90 328i on horrible dc roads

XGC75

Go Kart Champion

Yeah but the G8 was always crap because they sold it with the lethargic SUV V6. In fact, all my criticisms of modern American muscle cars would probably go away if the base versions just wouldn't exist. Imagine a world in which a gti could only be a challenge to a modern muscle car if it had an upgraded turbo? That's a world I want to live in.

Sent from my cm_tenderloin using Tapatalk