GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Castrol 5w40 BOGO

adolan21

Ready to race!
Not sure if this is a good place for these posts or if they're helpful at all but here it goes:

Castrol 5W40 is buy one at $8.99 get one free at Advanced Auto. Pretty good deal at $4.49 a quart and it's VW 502. The deal started today 12/27 and ends 1/30. Stock up!

Zillon

Go Kart Champion
Was going to go with Mobil 1 for the first oil change, but this might sway me otherwise.

Thanks for the heads up!

Jason3D

Go Kart Champion
Good deal! Just got my last free dealer service so I will probably stock up for my next 2 oil changes. Thanks for the info.

TXBDan

Go Kart Champion
Is this the Made in Germany stuff?

finklejag

Ready to race!
Advance now carries Castrol Edge 0W-40. It's meets 502 and it's made in Belgium like the old 5W-40.

jeffreyj

Ready to race!
JUST saw this on their website while searching local places...then came on here to check compatibility....looks like I'll be heading over there in just a bit to stock up!

Only question is, should I just get the standard Fram/Purolator filter or wait until the dealer opens tomorrow to get a VW filter?

Bino

Go Kart Champion
JUST saw this on their website while searching local places...then came on here to check compatibility....looks like I'll be heading over there in just a bit to stock up!

Only question is, should I just get the standard Fram/Purolator filter or wait until the dealer opens tomorrow to get a VW filter?

I only run dealer oil filters. I just like running what the car came with. I can get them for around 9 bucks. Piece of mind.

Tecni

Ready to race!
NOW HEAR THIS: Advance now carries Mann oil filters for your GTI for just over $12. I got mine yesterday.

Mann makes the oil filters for VW.

adolan21

Ready to race!
NOW HEAR THIS: Advance now carries Mann oil filters for your GTI for just over $12. I got mine yesterday.

Mann makes the oil filters for VW.

Next time you just want to buy one filter use code P20 to get 20% off which would end up being $10.39 before tax. But if you want to stock up there are various other codes like for example if you put 6 in your cart the price is $77.94 and if you use code THX11 it takes $25 off bringing the price to $52.94 or $8.82 a piece! Great deals can be had if you just look around.

Avant

Ready to race!