GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

ChiChat 18: CAR MODS GALORE; CAR PROBLEMS GALORE

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jaber

Modero
People spending a lot of their extra money on gifts this year from what im seeing. You can thank amazon for the boom in UPS packages. Although recently i saw 2 amazon sprinter vans in the same day delivering packages. Looks like they might be pushing ups out.

Dont forget USPS was shutdown for a day of mourning one of our past US Presidents as well.

edit: did you just say you didnt see your usual Guy?

Amazon has a carrier in Elgin now. For the past 2-3 weeks, it is pretty rare we will get our Amazon packages from UPS.

jay745

What Would Glenn Danzig Do
This

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

OmniGLH

Autocross Newbie
So the exact car the wifey wants... the dealer "lost". (Not sure if I posted this yet or not). Porter put the car away somewhere and they couldn't find it.

They found it Tuesday, it's in for it's CPO certification now.

Wife is excited to the point of driving me crazy. "Is it ready yet?" LOL. At least I know we found a good one.

She did mention, "I should look at other options, just to be sure..." Then she rattles off cars NOT in the same price range (Maserati SUV, the Jag F-Pace, etc.)

But... what other "sporty" SUVs (er, sorry, "Crossovers") are out there? Only other car brand I can think of that usually tries to have "driver enjoyment" at it's core: BMW.

I've never been a BMW fan. Seems to me like you're either a BMW fan, or a VAG fan.

But the 2018 X3 seems interesting. Lots of features the Macan doesn't have, for similar money. I can find pretty well loaded, used, 2018 X3 3.0i's with under 10,000 miles for the same money as 2017 Macan's with 20,000 miles.

So far all the reviews where the Macan is pitted against the X3, the Macan wins.

Anybody got any thoughts? Jawn?

dustbunny227

Autocross Champion
Amazon has a carrier in Elgin now. For the past 2-3 weeks, it is pretty rare we will get our Amazon packages from UPS.

Who ever takes over for my normal postal lady, sucks. Im getting mail for people that are 4 buildings down. And not just letters, im talkin packages too. Big ones. BIG PACKAGES.

Jaber

Modero
This. My commute, on a weekend afternoon, with no traffic, is an hour.

Average morning trip is 1:45. Average evening trip is 1:20.

Dat Omni commute. I'm 20min in the morning and 35min in the evening.

BoostedVW11

Drag Racing Champion
i still dont get it? :iono:
This
alright then...
Who ever takes over for my normal postal lady, sucks. Im getting mail for people that are 4 buildings down. And not just letters, im talkin packages too. Big ones. BIG PACKAGES.
thats pretty crappy

Your commute is super easy can confirm.

dustbunny227

Autocross Champion

Right now I'm 20 in and 22 back. Next job I have no idea. Lookin like 45 min minimum. Oh well cant win everything with this new job.

DASVDUB

Drag Racing Champion
What did i do that made you feel this way? :iono:

Distance commute with light traffic is better than a short distance with heavy traffic imo . If you have both well that just plain sucks.

^^

This

O wow

People spending a lot of their extra money on gifts this year from what im seeing. You can thank amazon for the boom in UPS packages. Although recently i saw 2 amazon sprinter vans in the same day delivering packages. Looks like they might be pushing ups out.

Dont forget USPS was shutdown for a day of mourning one of our past US Presidents as well.

Not bad. Business is booooomin

Agreed. I had a New Castle one time. It was disgusting.

My dad likes that stuff. [emoji2961][emoji2961]

So the exact car the wifey wants... the dealer "lost". (Not sure if I posted this yet or not). Porter put the car away somewhere and they couldn't find it.

Wife is excited to the point of driving me crazy. "Is it ready yet?" LOL. At least I know we found a good one.

She did mention, "I should look at other options, just to be sure..." Then she rattles off cars NOT in the same price range (Maserati SUV, the Jag F-Pace, etc.)

But... what other "sporty" SUVs (er, sorry, "Crossovers") are out there? Only other car brand I can think of that usually tries to have "driver enjoyment" at it's core: BMW.

I've never been a BMW fan. Seems to me like you're either a BMW fan, or a VAG fan.

But the 2018 X3 seems interesting. Lots of features the Macan doesn't have, for similar money. I can find pretty well loaded, used, 2018 X3 3.0i's with under 10,000 miles for the same money as 2017 Macan's with 20,000 miles.

So far all the reviews where the Macan is pitted against the X3, the Macan wins.

I drove an X3 as a loaner once. It was really nice and I was quite impressed. Heard lots of horror stories about BMW’s tho. Same with VW. Has BMW gotten past their very unreliable days?

Not bad

Good movie

Boosted is trolling

[emoji1383]*[emoji3603]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jaber

Modero

Take one out for a test drive yet, the BMW?

So far we haven't had any problems with USPS, besides sometimes just being a day late. Hampshire hates our village, our population has exploded and their office can't handle the increase. At least they are nice on the phone.

dustbunny227

Autocross Champion
Take one out for a test drive yet, the BMW?

So far we haven't had any problems with USPS, besides sometimes just being a day late. Hampshire hates our village, our population has exploded and their office can't handle the increase. At least they are nice on the phone.

Can confirm. Your area is a freaking maze lol.

DASVDUB

Drag Racing Champion

Same with mine. UPS wise. They are busy and using subs. They are terrible.

Jaber

Modero

I quit working for FedEx as a package handler/QA right before people started to buy their stuff online a lot. I can't imagine how it is nowadays. Back then, it was hell right after Thanksgiving day. I had to load a 4th truck (Penske Rental) for the whole month of December every year.

BoostedVW11

Drag Racing Champion
Can confirm. Your area is a freaking maze lol.
you should drive through providence.

good 5 min drive to get in and out of that neighborhood for some people.

Its more profitable for them to hire subs and get them there on time than for them to be late and have mad customers. lots of impatient people these days.

I quit working for FedEx as a package handler/QA right before people started to buy their stuff online a lot. I can't imagine how it is nowadays. Back then, it was hell right after Thanksgiving day. I had to load a 4th truck (Penske Rental) for the whole month of December every year.

amazons warehouse system is great but its packaging department is garbage. ive gotten 12x 24 inch box before for 1 thing of toothpaste. They are totally wasting truck space which effects everyone.

Status
Not open for further replies.