GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

ChiChat15: Sushi Now Made With Real Tuna - Not That Fast Food Tuna - Jaber Rejoices

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fastlax16

Autocross Newbie
DSG holds boost between the shifts. In the drag races between stock cars you see the gap widen every time the manual shifts.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CiHKAL1

Ready to race!
It's offset by the lower efficiency and heavier weight of DSG.
Probably not, especially when you consider average driver capabilities. I get the push for keeping manual transmissions, but I don't see people trying to claim a manual car can be as fast unless stock vs. stock.

Maybe if this were many years back.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Fastlax16

Autocross Newbie
Probably not, especially when you consider average driver capabilities. I get the push for keeping manual transmissions, but I don't see people trying to claim a manual car can be as fast unless you're an other.

http://www.roadandtrack.com/new-cars/road-tests/a31064/2017-porsche-911-track-testing/

One paragraph in this article sums up my thoughts on manuals pretty well and is why I chose the manual over dsg. Especially the last sentence.

"First lap out, somewhere around the second corner, that clutch pedal felt weird. Two seconds later, I realized that was stupid, because this was more interesting. More engaging. It took more work. Manuals wake you up to something. It's a weird song-and-dance, a kind of coming home. One more thing in your control, one more thing to get wrong. Which means that it matters, when you get it right. Because life isn't a qualifying run at Monaco, and I'm not a paid pro driver, which means tenths only count so much."

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jay745

What Would Glenn Danzig Do
Probably not, especially when you consider average driver capabilities. I get the push for keeping manual transmissions, but I don't see people trying to claim a manual car can be as fast unless you're an other.

meh we're talking about cars, not the driver. The car is capable of keeping up.

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie
dat KVN. He has a BMW, so he's on teh bimmer forums talking about plastidipping and debadging, tintz, RAMZ, and all other types of ill shit.

dat dsg.

Roy.. i cant comment on women currently, my life has been beyond fucked up for a few months with stuff, but i will say severe trauma/drama to my wife has actually.. helped our relationship and my peen's activity. Shit is crazy.

shdwblugti

Go Kart Champion
Buy a WOT box, you're one step closer to the DSGhey.
i won one of those in a raffle... have to get it installed lol

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

TSI_Guy

Go Kart Champion

OmniGLH

Autocross Newbie
dat KVN. He has a BMW, so he's on teh bimmer forums talking about plastidipping and debadging, tintz, RAMZ, and all other types of ill shit.

Don't forget carbon fiber bolt-ons. ;)

My buddy Mo just bought a 2014 3-series for his gf as a surprise for her birthday. Of course first thing he does is send it to Anthony at IND for a CF decklid spoiler, few other bits....

I told him he's gonna regret it the first time she backs into a concrete parking pole or bumper parks it in the city, and he said he just couldn't help it. Something about those BMW guys and mods LOL. Not even his car and he felt compelled to mod it.

Status
Not open for further replies.