GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

ChiChat16:Race For 10K Posts - Will Achieve Oct 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.

RoyB1

Go Kart Champion
If I didn't already have a mish-mash of cordless tools, I'd have a Fuel setup for sure.

But I've got a bunch of Ryobi 18v stuff, added a couple Lithium batteries a year or so ago. Have a Snap-On impact with a few extra batteries, and a Matco electric ratchet.

They all work fine... only reason to dump it all for Fuel would be to make the toolbox look pretty.

For home use, they all work fine. But for construction use, the Fuel line is kicking the shit out of Makita, Dewalt, and Bosch for us. That tells me they are built a lot better. The fuel line specifically, as I am told they are the same components that the corded tools have just in battery form. Dewalts drills are built with plastic gears that strip out after a year of use for us. Bosch aren't much better.

Milwaukee also gives a 5 year warranty on all their battery tools and 2 years on the batteries. Ryobi and Dewalt offer 3 years.

I was always a fan of Makita, but the tools only last about 2 years under heavy use. Same thing with plastic gears and triggers stop working, the hammer mechanism gets tired, etc.

Over the past couple years I have been changing all our tools to Milwaukee and the guys are really happy with them.

As an aside, their line up is amazing for the construction industry. They have battery powered knock out sets, cable cutters, crimpers, etc. All tools that make my guys more efficient in the field which saves me money.

No other single manufacturer currently has the tools they have available which says a lot about their interest in keeping customers happy. I posted a couple weeks ago how I polished the 4R with their battery operated polisher. Variable speed and not having to drag a cord around was amazing. I have their 12V underhood work light (which I haven't used yet) but I have seen them in use and talk about nice. Not needing to find a damn cord and prop up a work light. It's money well spent.

(on BAT)
They have to select your car to list it there though, correct?
They just won't list any car, I thought (?)

Correct. They need to approve your vehicle before they will list it.

OmniGLH

Autocross Newbie
For home use, they all work fine. But for construction use, the Fuel line is kicking the shit out of Makita, Dewalt, and Bosch for us. That tells me they are built a lot better. The fuel line specifically, as I am told they are the same components that the corded tools have just in battery form. Dewalts drills are built with plastic gears that strip out after a year of use for us. Bosch aren't much better.

Milwaukee also gives a 5 year warranty on all their battery tools and 2 years on the batteries. Ryobi and Dewalt offer 3 years.

I was always a fan of Makita, but the tools only last about 2 years under heavy use. Same thing with plastic gears and triggers stop working, the hammer mechanism gets tired, etc.

Over the past couple years I have been changing all our tools to Milwaukee and the guys are really happy with them.

As an aside, their line up is amazing for the construction industry. They have battery powered knock out sets, cable cutters, crimpers, etc. All tools that make my guys more efficient in the field which saves me money.

No other single manufacturer currently has the tools they have available which says a lot about their interest in keeping customers happy. I posted a couple weeks ago how I polished the 4R with their battery operated polisher. Variable speed and not having to drag a cord around was amazing. I have their 12V underhood work light (which I haven't used yet) but I have seen them in use and talk about nice. Not needing to find a damn cord and prop up a work light. It's money well spent.

Correct. They need to approve your vehicle before they will list it.

I guess I could have been clearer, as I agree with your assessment 100%.

Only reason *I* would dump all my current Ryobi stuff would be to make the toolbox prettier.

If I was a professional and used/depended on these tools day in/day out... Ryobi wouldn't even be in the equation. :) For weekend use and the occasional home improvement project, my Ryobi stuff has held up quite well.

I'm even seeing a lot of mechanics start to dump their Snap-On battery powered stuff for the Milwaukee Fuel stuff.

OmniGLH

Autocross Newbie

BAM MF’ers

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OmniGLH

Autocross Newbie
Two spicy chiggun sammiches, cookie, and chips.

Status
Not open for further replies.