Status
Not open for further replies.

OmniGLH

Autocross Newbie
"What bombs?"

Think I read the kid used a shotgun.

From https://www.cnn.com/us/live-news/santa-fe-texas-shooting

Officials say explosives have been found both on and off campus
Explosive devices were found at Santa Fe High School in Santa Fe, Texas and the surrounding areas near the high school, according to Chief Walter Braun of Santa Fe Independent School District Police.

Braun said community members should be on alert for any suspicious devices, and call 9-1-1 if they find a suspicious device.

Police Chief Jeff Powell warned residents in the area to keep a vigilant watch for “suspicious items” as “there have been confirmed reports of explosives found both on the campus and off the campus.”

He didn’t elaborate.

Galveston County Judge Mark Henry then added authorities did find “suspect material” off campus, and warned people, “Anything you see, please do not touch it.”

What's the over/under on David Hogg having been there during the shooting?

BoostedVW11

Drag Racing Champion
"What bombs?"

Think I read the kid used a shotgun.

regular shotgun or fully semi automatic military grade one?

I feel bad for the victims of school shootings, even more so when the victims families start pushing for the banning of guns... they think it will solve things and they latch onto it. A car drives into a crowd of people noone blames the car...

im all for stricter gun control and have feels for the victims...its kind of slap in the face to me when an agenda to ban guns is latched onto it though.

Trying to avoid going too political here, i know for the most part which ones of you own gunz. (everyone)

What's the over/under on David Hogg having been there during the shooting?

cant stand that kid^

OmniGLH

Autocross Newbie

It was probably black. Because everyone knows the black colored guns are the scariest and most dangerous. And probably semi fully automatic, you know.

Jaber

Modero

I feel bad for the victims of school shootings, even more so when the victims families start pushing for the banning of guns... they think it will solve things and they latch onto it. A car drives into a crowd of people noone blames the car...

im all for stricter gun control and have feels for the victims...its kind of slap in the face to me when an agenda to ban guns is latched onto it though.

Trying to avoid going too political here, i know for the most part which ones of you own gunz. (everyone)

cant stand that kid^

Makes me worried when our kid starts to go to school. Luckily even at a young age, she spots troublemakers and seems to stay away from them. Even her teacher at pre-school commented about how observant she is and she provides full details. My wife got concerned one day when she kept telling us about one boy, that kept pushing and bothering other kids. Teacher confirmed they were working with the parents/boy, but since our kid hasn't had any incidents with him, they cannot go into detail. I'm hoping one day she can point him out to me, so I know who his parents are. Cause shits not going to fly if he hurts my little girl!

BoostedVW11

Drag Racing Champion
C5 to C7 is the answer
youre not totally wrong here^
It was probably black. Because everyone knows the black colored guns are the scariest and most dangerous. And probably semi fully automatic, you know.
hes right you know^

also if you were wondering david hogg already took to twitter and essentially said politicians are gonna use this to boost their ratings for midterms
Makes me worried when our kid starts to go to school. Luckily even at a young age, she spots troublemakers and seems to stay away from them. Even her teacher at pre-school commented about how observant she is and she provides full details. My wife got concerned one day when she kept telling us about one boy, that kept pushing and bothering other kids. Teacher confirmed they were working with the parents/boy, but since our kid hasn't had any incidents with him, they cannot go into detail. I'm hoping one day she can point him out to me, so I know who his parents are. Cause shits not going to fly if he hurts my little girl!

Its fine, statically they arent very common but when one does happen its all over the news. Look at how many people die from texting and driving related accidents.

I forgot who mentioned it but was a good idea to give police officers a section in all schools to conduct their work out of. Like a secondary police station to do paperwork/take break etc.

OmniGLH

Autocross Newbie

Yeah we already had an issue up here at Jr's school earlier in this school year. Some kid was relocated into our school district, he had all kinds of disciplinary problems. Was suspended for a week, and posted a video on his Instagram, showing him riding his bicycle up to the school (while suspended), talking about how he's gonna shoot the kids that narc'd him out, then rode his bike home and posted a bunch of pics/video with his parents gun. Now he's expelled. And apparently the kid STILL posted a bunch of shit to social media. And the mother of one of the kids he bullied is on the anti-gun rampage on all our neighborhood forums. Sigh.

My son knew him, said he was a "weird kid".

Once you get kids to this age, they're no longer easy to "control".... but still... where the fuck are the parents? Kid is SUSPENDED and here he still has access to social media? His bicycle? And is allowed OUT during the day to tool around on his bicycle?

jay745

What Would Glenn Danzig Do
I forgot who mentioned it but was a good idea to give police officers a section in all schools to conduct their work out of. Like a secondary police station to do paperwork/take break etc.
Does nothing but make it worse. My school had a legit police station inside. We had bad gang problems at my school. Turning the school into a prison made it worse.

BoostedVW11

Drag Racing Champion
Yeah we already had an issue up here at Jr's school earlier in this school year. Some kid was relocated into our school district, he had all kinds of disciplinary problems. Was suspended for a week, and posted a video on his Instagram, showing him riding his bicycle up to the school (while suspended), talking about how he's gonna shoot the kids that narc'd him out, then rode his bike home and posted a bunch of pics/video with his parents gun. Now he's expelled. And apparently the kid STILL posted a bunch of shit to social media. And the mother of one of the kids he bullied is on the anti-gun rampage on all our neighborhood forums. Sigh.

Once you get kids to this age, they're no longer easy to "control".... but still... where the fuck are the parents? Kid is SUSPENDED and here he still has access to social media? His bicycle? And is allowed OUT during the day to tool around on his bicycle?

Oh geez^. Definitely a parenting fail there. Id be in lockdown in my room with no tv/tablet/internet whatever .

Have gotten soap in the mouth...both the bar and the liquid. Ask me how much i swear around my mom even as an adult. :laugh:

Thats how you parent^.

"you will sit at the table and eat your dinner, i dont care if you dont like what i made."

guess who always caved in and ate the food? :bellyroll:

If we could all just talk about our childhood stories and laugh for a few mins thatd be great. Im sure ya'll got some good ones.

Does nothing but make it worse. My school had a legit police station inside. We had bad gang problems at my school. Turning the school into a prison made it worse.

paperwork/break station/desk job only section, not a legit holding cell.

Jaber

Modero

Don’t understand how parents can leave firearms around, accessible to their troubled kid. People need to take proper precautions, before government decided to do it for you and ruins it for everyone.

OmniGLH

Autocross Newbie
Oh geez^. Definitely a parenting fail there. Id be in lockdown in my room with no tv/tablet/internet whatever .

Have gotten soap in the mouth...both the bar and the liquid. Ask me how much i swear around my mom even as an adult. :laugh:

Thats how you parent^.

"you will sit at the table and eat your dinner, i dont care if you dont like what i made."

guess who always caved in and ate the food? :bellyroll:

If we could all just talk about our childhood stories and laugh for a few mins thatd be great. Im sure ya'll got some good ones.

paperwork/break station/desk job only section, not a legit holding cell.

Yep I've had the soap bar in my mouth before.

I've also spent many a nights sobbing at the dinner table, hours after dinner was "over", choking down cold dinner one bite at a time.

My parents favorite saying about dinner was, "You're going to eat it, or you're going to wear it."

I always ate it. My little sister "wore" it once or twice. She was a lot more defiant than I was.

I have a trucker mouth as an adult and neither of my P's seem to mind - BUT - I still, do this day, will not talk back or give them attitude.

Don’t understand how parents can leave firearms around, accessible to their troubled kid. People need to take proper precautions, before government decided to do it for you and ruins it for everyone.

Yeah I don't get it either. Personally if I had those issues, the guns would be relocated outside the home to an undisclosed location until they were resolved.

IMO there is a point where you can't really hold the parents 100% responsible for their kids actions.... I'd do everything I could to prevent the kid from pulling some kind of shit that would land us all on the 10:00 news.

clownish

just clowning around
ChiChat17: The "S" In DSG Stands For Slow - Change My Mind

I got spanked with a boat oar one time growing up. It is a vivid memory and I'm 30. The dang thing is still in our house.

I don't cross my mother and she's a tiny petite woman. Not out of fear. Out of respect. She was almost mother and father because my dad - to this day - travels about 350 out of 365 days of the day.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jay745

What Would Glenn Danzig Do
In all honesty, I was not the best kid. My parents also made me sit at the dinner table until I finished my food which sometimes meant I sat there all night. I absolutely hated ketchup and mustard, I remember they used to make this disgusting meatloaf once a week and would literally marinade the shit in ketchup and mustard, then spread it all over the outside of it. I'd ask if they could keep a small section without the ketchup and mustard on it because it tasted like poison to me but they wouldn't do it. I guess they were trying to teach me some sort of lesson or something about eating what you're given, Seemed still like such a small request that wouldn't add any time or effort to the food prep. I dunno it irks me as an adult sometimes still. My parents aren't very educated people though unfortunately, they did the best they could.

I used to get in trouble for my room being messy or me half-ass cleaning it. Came home more than a few times to all of my belongings out on the front lawn. All of the neighborhood kids would be laughing at me riding their bikes past my house while I was out there bringing all my stuff back inside. That part definitely sucked, took a few times but eventually I learned my lesson... I guess. I became a minimalist as a child because it was easier for me to keep things clean if I didn't have anything. Then my parents took me to therapy because they thought something was wrong with me. Well duh, I was depressed. I thought I was doing what they wanted, I was keeping my room clean the only way that made sense to me. If I had a ton of shit then I'd play with it and mess it all up so I just stopped doing that and then all of the sudden there's something wrong with me. DAFUQ.

I'm not having kids because of how I was raised. I'd prob be a bad parent because that's how I grew up. Even though I've far exceeded where my parents left off and generally learned how to act as an adult by doing the opposite of what they did. It's worked out for me, definitely don't want to risk putting a kid through the same though so I'm going to pass on the procreating part of life.

Jaber

Modero
Yeah I don't get it either. Personally if I had those issues, the guns would be relocated outside the home to an undisclosed location until they were resolved.

IMO there is a point where you can't really hold the parents 100% responsible for their kids actions.... I'd do everything I could to prevent the kid from pulling some kind of shit that would land us all on the 10:00 news.

Yeah, I think in extreme cases, having the firearms relocated somewhere else, would be the best option. Unless you have a big expensive safe (thousand$$$), the ones that typically cost in the hundreds won't stop someone who is determined. More so if they can take their sweet time inside the house.

As for SRO, I think it's a good idea to have an officer armed in or around the school at all times. Even if it's just one person. Sadly this person will have to face reality that one day, he or she will have to step up and not puss out, like Coward County. And that there's a high chance the shooter(s) will come after the SRO first, to eliminate any possible resistance. In the Dixon, IL school shooting, the shooter went after the SRO first, but SRO won and put the kid down. So they should require extra training and hit the range more than once a year. My BIL used to work as security supervisor for some University in VA. When he asked his superiors about active shooter training and procedures, they pretty much shrugged. And these security officers were being paid peanuts, so you get what you pay for.

In my first high school, CPD could barely control gang bangers. We had officers (undercover) patrolling outside all of the time. Drive-bys, stabbings and shanking didn't stop. I remember Sophomore year during math class, we heard a loud crash and two gangs were playing demolition derby outside. When the narcs pulled up to the scene within seconds, everyone in both vehicles scrammed and all the sudden they were one team, working together to escape from the po po :lol: Since our school had metal detectors/wands, there really wasn't much action inside. All of the big incidents happened outside.

Status
Not open for further replies.