GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

ChiChat17: Boosted Learns How To Cook

Status
Not open for further replies.

dustbunny227

Autocross Champion
Wow, but a bolted 5.0 probably run away from you pretty hard tbh?

agreed 100%

ive heard good things about the newer camaros, but the used price tag vs a 5.0 is the deal breaker.

you and everyone else. expect big numbers.

id like to see mitusbishi bring back a sports car.

:lol:

When you say impossible to see out of it, do you mean your opinion on camaros or do you mean physically seeing out the camaros terrible blind spots? :lol:

Theres an Outlander Sport near my inlaws that I really like. All blacked out and a nice set of wheels. Kinda dig that one.

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie
yes indeed, the newer camaros supposed to be pretty darn good on teh track, even with all the weight and yes, the blind spots for the road, lol.

some good deals out there. a few years ago, they were doing like 8k off msrp for a while, was siqqqqq....

350z with bolt ons beat a k04, is that what i just read?? :confused:

the new supra - yeah, minimum 45k, probably over 50K, i'd venture to guess.

Cadubya

Autocross Newbie
Have you driven a gti with all the trimmings? I'd love to have you take mine for a few laps and get your thoughts.

It’s dynamics. Modify the gti all you want, it’ll never compare to proper FR dynamics. I love my gti, but it’s not a race car. It’s a car to F with people on the street who think they have race cars.

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie
Have you driven a gti with all the trimmings? I'd love to have you take mine for a few laps and get your thoughts.

It’s dynamics. Modify the gti all you want, it’ll never compare to proper FR dynamics. I love my gti, but it’s not a race car. It’s a car to F with people on the street who think they have race cars.

Gonna get nasty in here...

DASVDUB

Drag Racing Champion

Lol salty much?

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie
My problem with that statement is, while yes, its not RWD, he is capable of matching times of cars that are RWD , and the handling really can shine. Just like Landstig in his Mini Cooper S - with the right suspension tweaks and tires, that thing legit had oversteer. So , while it not "proper" rwd, it can still handle very similar to one, and be quite fast.

Now a stock suspension and tires K04 GTI on teh road, sure. Its a fast fucker and thats all it can do, but cant count out properly set up FWD "race cars" that are quite fast on a track in capable hands.

Cadubya

Autocross Newbie
My problem with that statement is, while yes, its not RWD, he is capable of matching times of cars that are RWD , and the handling really can shine. Just like Landstig in his Mini Cooper S - with the right suspension tweaks and tires, that thing legit had oversteer. So , while it not "proper" rwd, it can still handle very similar to one, and be quite fast.

Now a stock suspension and tires K04 GTI on teh road, sure. Its a fast fucker and thats all it can do, but cant count out properly set up FWD "race cars" that are quite fast on a track in capable hands.

Nobody said it wouldn’t or couldn’t be as fast. I said it’s about dynamics. You can’t compensate for that in comparison to an FR car. It’s like you can stuff a twin turbo V8 in a mk1 Golf and yeah it’ll beat a Lamborghini in a drag race, but it’ll be shit dynamically.

Cadubya

Autocross Newbie
ChiChat17: HBD-JY6 - Couch Stabs Jay745 - on his Birfday, I mind you.

luls. ok brah. in4jay'sreply. Also what gunkata said above ^^

Sure. In for Jay’s reply. Not sure why he’s the authority on comparing platform architecture. I’d be more inclined to hear Ptak’s reply since he has extensive experience in a myriad of platform configurations. Ask jay what car he’s saving up for.

Status
Not open for further replies.