GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

ChiChat17: Boosted Learns How To Cook

Status
Not open for further replies.

DASVDUB

Drag Racing Champion
Next daily is going to be a truck or something that can tow. Suggestions? lol. This PUKEICK is on it's last leg.

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie
RX7 deal breaker should have been the engine reliability ;)

Jim - I hear ya on track day risks/insurance, that's been a mantra for many and around a long time for sure. It makes sense, but sadly, probably only 10-20% of guys at most days probably follow/are doing that.

In4EJskatepicsagain

Dang, March 2019.. FZ1 (older) or FZ09.. lawd.

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie
and +1 with Jay - LAPS is by far the safest run HPDE group I've ever ran with, and the cherry on top is that they are awesome guys.

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie
did they get better after 08? They seem to handle amazingly well, tahts for sure.

3balls has cool peeps as well, but nothing like the instruction that LAPS does, nor are they as safe :lol:

EJBGTIVI

Autocross Champion
What jay said yeah, also dont get tacos on taco tuesday. Quality usually goes down and they cheap out.

I had tacos last night, it was a little more crowded that usual, but tacos were on point. 2 steak 2 pastor - plenty of hot sauce and sour cream on the side.

jay745

What Would Glenn Danzig Do
Probably have to fire one of the developers that I just inherited. He's been the main guy for one of our systems for 2 years that needs help. I brought in one of my other developers to look at it and he tore into it, made a lot of changes that were "impossible", now is being very defensive and calling us stupid on conference calls for working too fast. He has no logs of any sprints or anything he's actually done to the system in 2 years. The business users tell me that he is there only to fix production bugs and doesn't do anything to improve or fix the root causes.

bye_felecia.jpg

BoostedVW11

Drag Racing Champion
I like 3balls too, they are cool guys
3 balls very nice group as well.

"dont be a moron. get out there have fun. " attitude
I had tacos last night, it was a little more crowded that usual, but tacos were on point. 2 steak 2 pastor - plenty of hot sauce and sour cream on the side.

dang sounds really good, do you like those hot peppers/carrots they sometimes give on the side?

i love tacos too much

OmniGLH

Autocross Newbie
Hi Guys,

Has anyone drove an Atlas yet? Trying to decide between a Highlander SE or an Atlas R-Line for the Wifey.

Any feedback would be super.

Have you 100% settled on it being one of those two? Does it have to be brand new?

Seems the Atlas R-line is low-mid $40k range.... and if you're looking for something big, reliable, and can carry 7 people.... honestly I'd suggest a CPO'd Tahoe or Yukon.

Plenty of room, super smooth, super comfortable, full frame, can tow, etc. You should also get low 20s on the highway with it, at least... my GMC Sierra pickup did 22-23 on the highway.

Don't let the stereotypes of "GM" get in the way. The new stuff is really nice.

OmniGLH

Autocross Newbie
Probably have to fire one of the developers that I just inherited. He's been the main guy for one of our systems for 2 years that needs help. I brought in one of my other developers to look at it and he tore into it, made a lot of changes that were "impossible", now is being very defensive and calling us stupid on conference calls for working too fast. He has no logs of any sprints or anything he's actually done to the system in 2 years. The business users tell me that he is there only to fix production bugs and doesn't do anything to improve or fix the root causes.

bye_felecia.jpg

Ugh I sorta know the feeling.

The team I built from scratch here starting in 2010 got reassigned to a total idiot when I left. She is clueless as to what the team does, it's value, it's purpose, and ran it into the ground. All the good people I hired, save for one, quit. It's now filled with retards and ALL the work relies on the poor ONE guy who's still here that I hired.

I 100% did not want to go back to that org, or have anything to do with that team. But it's starting to smell like it's best for the company as a whole to have me take it back over.

One guy, I've been very vocal over, "WHY is this guy still employed here?" and everyone just shrugs. I'll probably know in the next 2-3 months if this team is gonna be mine again - in which case, I better brush up on my "what does it take to get someone onto a PIP" skills.

Guy takes MONTHS to do stuff that should take a week, tops. He started this huge argument with me over a biz-critical tool that *I* architected and deployed before I left, about what it does and doesn't do. I kept it professional and "offline" but in the end, I had to embarrass him publicly. Not pretty.

The last few months I've actually been sorta-kinda job hunting.... but maybe I'll ride this place out. Our parent company has a big office in Atlanta, might just consider relo'ing down there instead vs. trying to find something remote.

dubbinit2

Drag Racing Champion
Have you 100% settled on it being one of those two? Does it have to be brand new?

Seems the Atlas R-line is low-mid $40k range.... and if you're looking for something big, reliable, and can carry 7 people.... honestly I'd suggest a CPO'd Tahoe or Yukon.

Plenty of room, super smooth, super comfortable, full frame, can tow, etc. You should also get low 20s on the highway with it, at least... my GMC Sierra pickup did 22-23 on the highway.

Don't let the stereotypes of "GM" get in the way. The new stuff is really nice.

We love the Tahoe, DAT V8 POWA, tons of room. But this is for my wife, and she thought it was too big.....the Tahoe that is:)

She's is not used to a true Truck platform.

These decisions are always tough.

jay745

What Would Glenn Danzig Do
Ugh I sorta know the feeling.

The team I built from scratch here starting in 2010 got reassigned to a total idiot when I left. She is clueless as to what the team does, it's value, it's purpose, and ran it into the ground. All the good people I hired, save for one, quit. It's now filled with retards and ALL the work relies on the poor ONE guy who's still here that I hired.

I 100% did not want to go back to that org, or have anything to do with that team. But it's starting to smell like it's best for the company as a whole to have me take it back over.

One guy, I've been very vocal over, "WHY is this guy still employed here?" and everyone just shrugs. I'll probably know in the next 2-3 months if this team is gonna be mine again - in which case, I better brush up on my "what does it take to get someone onto a PIP" skills.

Guy takes MONTHS to do stuff that should take a week, tops. He started this huge argument with me over a biz-critical tool that *I* architected and deployed before I left, about what it does and doesn't do. I kept it professional and "offline" but in the end, I had to embarrass him publicly. Not pretty.

The last few months I've actually been sorta-kinda job hunting.... but maybe I'll ride this place out. Our parent company has a big office in Atlanta, might just consider relo'ing down there instead vs. trying to find something remote.

Come work for my company and manage all the developers that report to me currently :wub:
( I can pay you probably 1/4 of what you're used to. It's a good deal :iono: )

I am drowning :cry:

OmniGLH

Autocross Newbie
We love the Tahoe, DAT V8 POWA, tons of room. But this is for my wife, and she thought it was too big.....the Tahoe that is:)

She's is not used to a true Truck platform.

These decisions are always tough.

Is it really that much bigger than the Atlas? The Atlas is pretty damned big.

Maybe rent one for a weekend from Hertz or something, see if she can get used to it?

Years ago my buddy wanted to buy a Cayenne S, was going to trade in his wife's A5. She test drove it and said, "I don't like it, it's too big." So he bought it for himself instead.

Few things happen, he winds up selling the Cayenne a short while later. She always claimed "It's too big, I don't like it."

Fast forward to today, what's she driving? A Cayenne. "I LOVE THIS THING!"

Status
Not open for further replies.