GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

ChiChat17: Boosted Learns How To Cook

Status
Not open for further replies.

jay745

What Would Glenn Danzig Do
I really like Laps, I've become pretty good friends with a lot of them over the years. I haven't really made friends with any other of the clubs. They do have hands down the best instruction program, and some really good instructors that gave me a big advantage when I first started driving a few years back. I wish they catered a bit more to the intermediate/advanced levels of instructing though but I get it at the same time. That's not where the immediate focus needs to be.

Shawn is really open minded, he was trying to pair me up with an instructor last year but it didn't end up working out because they were so busy with the novice crowd. I have a lot of time riding with Ken in his lotus at various tracks and I think I've learned the most that way. Ken is such a smooth operator, I think I picked up a lot from him that smooth is fast. I've had a lot of compliments about the same from other passengers/instructors that I've had.

dubbinit2

Drag Racing Champion
Hi Guys,

Has anyone drove an Atlas yet? Trying to decide between a Highlander SE or an Atlas R-Line for the Wifey.

Any feedback would be super.

Jaber

Modero
Hi Guys,

Has anyone drove an Atlas yet? Trying to decide between a Highlander SE or an Atlas R-Line for the Wifey.

Any feedback would be super.

Are you buying a gas station? If not, consider buying one if you get the Atlas. I have driven it and know a few people who own one. We wanted one originally, but the MPG sucks and it was too big for what we needed. We ended up going with Santa Fe Sport. LMK what you want to know about it.

dubbinit2

Drag Racing Champion
Are you buying a gas station? If not, consider buying one if you get the Atlas. I have driven it and know a few people who own one. We wanted one originally, but the MPG sucks and it was too big for what we needed. We ended up going with Santa Fe Sport. LMK what you want to know about it.

Well, the MPG statement you just gave kind of turns me off a bit BUT,
the Highlander is pretty slow at acceleration.

We need the size of the Atlas, as the Traverse was totaled out.

How is the performance of the V6 in this HOG of an SUV?

uglybastard

Autocross Champion

i'd like to see it with a TDI setup.

That or an Amarok with a TDI.

Jaber

Modero
Well, the MPG statement you just gave kind of turns me off a bit BUT,
the Highlander is pretty slow at acceleration.

We need the size of the Atlas, as the Traverse was totaled out.

How is the performance of the V6 in this HOG of an SUV?

Still a pig, curb weight is around 4500lbs IIRC. One person I know that has the 2.0, gets around 16-17MPG in the city, low 20s highway. For the V6, low teens city and sometimes high teens for highway. Besides the MPG and lack of power, everyone loves the Atlas.

Jaber

Modero
The atlas towing specs were a deal breaker for me.

7 seater vehicle that can only tow at very most 5000 lbs.

meanwhile touareg 5 seater can tow 7,700 lbs

What jay said yeah, also dont get tacos on taco tuesday. Quality usually goes down and they cheap out.

Last time I looked up the interior specs for Touareg, it wasn't that big. Atlas is MASSIVE inside.

dubbinit2, maybe check out Armada's. Get that V8 power and space. Gas mileage will suck, but at least you'll have some power and better towing.

Status
Not open for further replies.