GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

ChiChat17: Boosted Learns How To Cook

Status
Not open for further replies.

dustbunny227

Autocross Champion
You're supposed to fill cup with ice, then it brews hot and chills from the ice. Not sure what it does different internally.

I mean I already do that. I figured it like turned the temp down or something.

Jaber

Modero
It’s probably more concentrated coffee because the melting ice will dilute it.

Yup, found this:

The iced button is designed, instead, to make the coffee hot so it has the full flavor of brewed coffee, but with the correct strength and flavor so that when it cools over the ice, it ends up tasting like full-flavored coffee that happens to be iced.

Jaber

Modero
Well thats a cool little feature.

Yeah, might try it tonight. Love the Kuerig, costs us about 40cents a cup and it is super quick. Our old one started to mess up the brew and would give less and less, before finally kicking the bucket. But it had a good run!

BoostedVW11

Drag Racing Champion
The Maple Bacon is amazing! It's honestly really hard to go wrong.

The things in my post that did not translate from my phone were hearts.

Do you also have a regular coffee maker or french press? The flavored coffees are best suited for that.
I have this, and then normal coffee pot with paper filter at work

I've posted the Coffee Emporium Coffee that I use for espresso on here before. The milk frothing is all about technique and will totally make or break a decent latte. Let me know if you would like any tips on that.
i dig the froth yeah
If anyone wants coffee that is a bit different from the norm with a regular coffee maker... for quick mexican-style coffee, put just a touch of cinnamon (it doesn't take much) on top of the coffee grounds before you brew it and use brown sugar to sweeten it.
ill have to try that, maybe ill do it at work and suprise the coworkers
Ice coffee feature? How does that work?
ice coffee is less acidic tbh cause watered down , cold brew can be super intense interms of caffiene strength can confirm
It’s probably more concentrated coffee because the melting ice will dilute it.
yeah
Yeah, might try it tonight. Love the Kuerig, costs us about 40cents a cup and it is super quick. Our old one started to mess up the brew and would give less and less, before finally kicking the bucket. But it had a good run!
not a bad price actually

dustbunny227

Autocross Champion
I like drinking cold brew because of the reduced acidity. Iced coffee never tastes good to me though.

dustbunny227

Autocross Champion
Was going to try Chameleon cold brew. I keep seeing it in Marianos and Walmart.

OmniGLH

Autocross Newbie
They made a big deal here in the office about adding a "cold brew" coffee machine to one of the little lunch areas. They only open it on certain days tho.

Never bothered to try it tho. If I want an iced coffee I just go to Dunkin. (Sorry for making the coffee snobs throw up a lil.... but I'm not a coffee connoisseur.)

dustbunny227

Autocross Champion
Cold brew machine? You can literally use a pitcher and make it yourself. You dont need a machine....

Jaber

Modero
They made a big deal here in the office about adding a "cold brew" coffee machine to one of the little lunch areas. They only open it on certain days tho.

Never bothered to try it tho. If I want an iced coffee I just go to Dunkin. (Sorry for making the coffee snobs throw up a lil.... but I'm not a coffee connoisseur.)

DD FTW.

Phur

Autocross Champion
Cold brew machine? You can literally use a pitcher and make it yourself. You dont need a machine....

Absolutely. We used to make a cold brew coffee concentrate from time to time. Add it to water or milk, sweeten and flavor with whatever you like. My wife made a recipe card for it but we never got a photo for that one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.