GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

ChiChat19: 10k Posts Achieved In Revived Dead Thread

KollinWithaK

Autocross Champion
Wasn't feeling the greatest the last few days so I watched some of the .ovies that dominated the Oscars...

JayMovieReviews™

Parasite:
Awesome flick, it's a Korean foreign film. Kept me on my toes and really well done. 9/10

Ford vs Ferarri:
Meh, didn't care for this one. Thought the plot was very predictable and just kinda boring. Didn't like how they depicted Shelby cheating during the race, to my knowledge and please do correct me if I'm wrong, that never happened. 6/10

Joker:
Probably the best movie I've seen in years. Regret not seeing it sooner, Phoenix is a legend actor. Awesome cast, awesome story, Robert Deniro ftw. 10/10

To add to this, I see a LOT of movies in my spare time, one of the couple things we like to do since we have AMC A-list.

1917 is a fantastic movie, I really enjoyed it. Typical WW1 movie, just well executed, and the faux single-take format works well in this movie I think.

Bad Boys 3 is exactly what you would expect. A Michael Bay film in 2020. Martin Lawrence got kinda fat.

Jojo Rabbit is another great movie, set in Germany during WWII. Funny movie where a young kid's imaginary friend is Hitler. Don't want to spoil it more then that

Starwars was bleh.

Jumanji 2 (or 3 depending on how you look at it)/Jumanji: The Next Level: Loved it. The first Jumanji reboot was better imo, but this does a good job of doing the same thing twice.

BoostedVW11

Drag Racing Champion
Happy Presidents Day

Some really good deals online today , anyone lucky enough to have the day off?

To add to this, I see a LOT of movies in my spare time, one of the couple things we like to do since we have AMC A-list.

1917 is a fantastic movie, I really enjoyed it. Typical WW1 movie, just well executed, and the faux single-take format works well in this movie I think.

Bad Boys 3 is exactly what you would expect. A Michael Bay film in 2020. Martin Lawrence got kinda fat.

Jojo Rabbit is another great movie, set in Germany during WWII. Funny movie where a young kid's imaginary friend is Hitler. Don't want to spoil it more then that

Starwars was bleh.

Jumanji 2 (or 3 depending on how you look at it)/Jumanji: The Next Level: Loved it. The first Jumanji reboot was better imo, but this does a good job of doing the same thing twice.

Low expectations for star wars and jumanji 2. Ive been meaning to see 1917 in theatre, the loud speakers probably immerse you into the film. Last time i went to see a movie was for Dunkirk, major let down.

Bad boys 3 looks terrible lol

Ill admit i like movie theatre nachos when done right.

Like war movies? Ever seen Fury ?

KollinWithaK

Autocross Champion
Happy Presidents Day

Some really good deals online today , anyone lucky enough to have the day off?

Low expectations for star wars and jumanji 2. Ive been meaning to see 1917 in theatre, the loud speakers probably immerse you into the film. Last time i went to see a movie was for Dunkirk, major let down.

Bad boys 3 looks terrible lol

Ill admit i like movie theatre nachos when done right.

Like war movies? Ever seen Fury ?

No day off. E-Commerce don't sleep.
I like the Jumanji films, I think they're funny.
I saw 1917 in Dolby, super cool experience.
I like all kinds of movies except horror films because I feel like 95% of them are just pure garbage. I've seen Fury quite a bit and really like it.

torga

Autocross Champion
Wasn't feeling the greatest the last few days so I watched some of the .ovies that dominated the Oscars...

JayMovieReviews™

Parasite:
Awesome flick, it's a Korean foreign film. Kept me on my toes and really well done. 9/10

Ford vs Ferarri:
Meh, didn't care for this one. Thought the plot was very predictable and just kinda boring. Didn't like how they depicted Shelby cheating during the race, to my knowledge and please do correct me if I'm wrong, that never happened. 6/10

Joker:
Probably the best movie I've seen in years. Regret not seeing it sooner, Phoenix is a legend actor. Awesome cast, awesome story, Robert Deniro ftw. 10/10

Starwars was bleh.

I watch tons of movies, too.
Parasite deserved every award it got - what an excellent film. Been a fan of Bong Joon-Ho for a while, so I'm very glad he's being recognized on the world stage.
I didn't go watch Ford v. Ferrari for the plot - it's a super standard biopic. I went to watch it for the race sequences and the sound mixing, which they absolutely nailed. Same reason I'm gonna go see the new Top Gun - IDGAF about a 50yo Cruise teaching some cadets, I just wanna see cool, loud planes doing big zooms in IMAX!
Joker was terrific. That makes two Joker actors with Oscars. Very different portrayals, both very powerful. Phoenix's acceptance speech got very touching at the end. Very underrated actor for a long time - it's good to finally see him recognized.
I've got tickets to see 1917 tomorrow evening. From what I've read, it's a pretty standard war flick, but I'm incredibly excited for the cinematography and edit work - that'll be the jewel of this one.
Jojo Rabbit is the most re-watchable move I saw in 2019. What a fucking riot. The scene with Stephen Merchant and his Gestapo had me gasping for air.
I agree, Star Wars was bleh. But I didn't mind because we have so much amazing Star Wars content right now. The Mandalorian, The Clone Wars animated series, the Rebels animated series. All of that breathes beautiful life into the Star Wars world and lore. I'm just so happy to finally see the shit-show sequels-fest over. I wanna let the new guard (Dave Filoni and Jon Favreau) handle things now, for at least the near future. I've seen Filoni's vision for a decade through The Clone Wars animated series, and now I see what Favreau can bring to the table with The Mandalorian - they've got the juice.
Didn't really care to watch Bad Boys 3 or Jumanji.

Some extra 2019 opinions:
Uncut Gems is an absolute must-watch. Adam Sandler comes out of this shitty movie hole once every 10 years it seems, and knocks it out of the park with a dramatic role. This movie is worth it.
Knives Out was a really fun whodunnit, which we haven't seen in a really long time. It's nice to see original, mid-budget movies getting made amidst the $250mil+ budget MCU/Star Wars/DCU/remakes. We want more original cinema!!!
The Lighthouse was fucking weird. That's all I'll say. Go watch it. It's fucking weird. Robert Eggers is a mad-man.
Marriage Story was incredibly touching as much as it was incredibly heart-wrenching. It was uncomfortable and real. This one's a feels-fest.
The Irishman was another solid movie by Scorsese. Very slow burn, very methodic acting. The drama titans of the 70s and 80s brought their A-game here.
Once Upon a Time... In Hollywood, what can I say? This is Tarantino at his best - his most comfortable. Doing what he loves. And it shows in the quality of this work; this is the best Tarantino movie since Inglorious Basterds. 100% worth a watch.

torga

Autocross Champion
I like all kinds of movies except horror films because I feel like 95% of them are just pure garbage. I've seen Fury quite a bit and really like it.
I have the same opinion about horror movies. I usually steer completely clear of them because cheap jump scares and chocolate syrup blood do absolutely nothing for me.

But there are some new horror films getting made that are just absolutely masterful. Hereditary, Get Out, Us, Midsommar, The Witch, It -- all excellent.

BoostedVW11

Drag Racing Champion
Jumanji wasnt terrible, its just not going to win any awards . You ever watch those journey to center of eart movies with brendon fraisher? Pardon name spelling

No day off. E-Commerce don't sleep.
I like the Jumanji films, I think they're funny.
I saw 1917 in Dolby, super cool experience.

I dont watch scary movies. The scary stuff sticks with me throughout the night... the few scary movies i have watched do have very good plots.
Parasite deserved every award it got - what an excellent film. Been a fan of Bong Joon-Ho for a while, so I'm very glad he's being recognized on the world stage.
I didn't go watch Ford v. Ferrari for the plot - it's a super standard biopic. I went to watch it for the race sequences and the sound mixing, which they absolutely nailed. Same reason I'm gonna go see the new Top Gun - IDGAF about a 50yo Cruise teaching some cadets, I just wanna see cool, loud planes doing big zooms in IMAX!
Joker was terrific. That makes two Joker actors with Oscars. Very different portrayals, both very powerful. Phoenix's acceptance speech got very touching at the end. Very underrated actor for a long time - it's good to finally see him recognized.
I've got tickets to see 1917 tomorrow evening. From what I've read, it's a pretty standard war flick, but I'm incredibly excited for the cinematography and edit work - that'll be the jewel of this one.
Jojo Rabbit is the most re-watchable move I saw in 2019. What a fucking riot. The scene with Stephen Merchant and his Gestapo had me gasping for air.
I agree, Star Wars was bleh. But I didn't mind because we have so much amazing Star Wars content right now. The Mandalorian, The Clone Wars animated series, the Rebels animated series. All of that breathes beautiful life into the Star Wars world and lore. I'm just so happy to finally see the shit-show sequels-fest over. I wanna let the new guard (Dave Filoni and Jon Favreau) handle things now, for at least the near future. I've seen Filoni's vision for a decade through The Clone Wars animated series, and now I see what Favreau can bring to the table with The Mandalorian - they've got the juice.

Uncut Gems is an absolute must-watch. Adam Sandler comes out of this shitty movie hole once every 10 years it seems, and knocks it out of the park with a dramatic role. This movie is worth it.
Knives Out was a really fun whodunnit, which we haven't seen in a really long time. It's nice to see original, mid-budget movies getting made amidst the $250mil+ budget MCU/Star Wars/DCU/remakes. We want more original cinema!!!
The Lighthouse was fucking weird. That's all I'll say. Go watch it. It's fucking weird. Robert Eggers is a mad-man.
Marriage Story was incredibly touching as much as it was incredibly heart-wrenching. It was uncomfortable and real. This one's a feels-fest.
The Irishman was another solid movie by Scorsese. Very slow burn, very methodic acting. The drama titans of the 70s and 80s brought their A-game here.
Once Upon a Time... In Hollywood, what can I say? This is Tarantino at his best - his most comfortable. Doing what he loves. And it shows in the quality of this work; this is the best Tarantino movie since Inglorious Basterds. 100% worth a watch.

Irishman was hard to watch, the cgi young face on old guys bodies lol

Inglorius very good...one of my fav movies is resevoir dogs.

Mandalorian was VERY good. Actually rewatched it.
I have the same opinion about horror movies. I usually steer completely clear of them because cheap jump scares and chocolate syrup blood do absolutely nothing for me.

But there are some new horror films getting made that are just absolutely masterful. Hereditary, Get Out, Us, Midsommar, The Witch, It -- all excellent.

Get out was good, didnt care for us . Interesting plot twist at the end though will admit. Key and peele ftw

Man , growing up ...chucky and the leprachuan movies were scary af .

Drive to survive season 2 hits netflix next friday woo!

KollinWithaK

Autocross Champion

Didn't care for Hereditary, but Get Out, Us, Midsommar and It are all stand out Horror films that are doing the genre correctly. Same opinions on the jump scare shit.

Knives Out is one of my favorite movies of all time.
Haven't seen Uncut Gems yet but keep hearing good things about it.
Marriage Story is on the list.
OUATIH was also one of the best Tarantino films imo, thought it was really well done, and didn't feel dragged out like Hateful 8 (in my opinion).
Thought Joker was good, found it funny that Jared Leto has been basically glossed over as a Joker actor. Especially when compared to Joaquin or Heath Ledger (my personal favorite Joker)

torga

Autocross Champion
Jumanji wasnt terrible, its just not going to win any awards . You ever watch those journey to center of eart movies with brendon fraisher? Pardon name spelling

Irishman was hard to watch, the cgi young face on old guys bodies lol

Inglorius very good...one of my fav movies is resevoir dogs.

Mandalorian was VERY good. Actually rewatched it.

Get out was good, didnt care for us . Interesting plot twist at the end though will admit. Key and peele ftw

Man , growing up ...chucky and the leprachuan movies were scary af .

Drive to survive season 2 hits netflix next friday woo!
Brendan Fraser is a treasure and The Mummy is one of my favorites of all time.
The CGI in Irishman was still noticeable, but it wasn't noticeable enough to ruin the movie for me. This kind of tech is getting a whole lot better and we're closing up the Uncanny Valley.
Man, I forgot about Drive to Survive S2. Too many things to watch...
Didn't care for Hereditary, but Get Out, Us, Midsommar and It are all stand out Horror films that are doing the genre correctly. Same opinions on the jump scare shit.

Knives Out is one of my favorite movies of all time.
Haven't seen Uncut Gems yet but keep hearing good things about it.
Marriage Story is on the list.
OUATIH was also one of the best Tarantino films imo, thought it was really well done, and didn't feel dragged out like Hateful 8 (in my opinion).
Thought Joker was good, found it funny that Jared Leto has been basically glossed over as a Joker actor. Especially when compared to Joaquin or Heath Ledger (my personal favorite Joker)
Jared Leto is a weird actor. When he gets a role right, it's really, really good (re: his role in Dallas Buyers Club). But when he gets it wrong, it is spectacularly bad (edgelord Joker). And generally, his stuff is just a bit meh. He's trying really hard.

EJBGTIVI

Autocross Champion
I like the horror movie classics - Dracula, Frankenstein, Bride of Frankenstein, Wolfman , Creature from the black Lagoon - the orginals - some of the campy shit from the 50s and 60s is fun to watch now and then too, like on Svengooli

EJBGTIVI

Autocross Champion
The Shining is a must see Horror movie - and the Thing - the 1986? version with Kurt Russell is an excellent horror flick - love the part where the dudes head sprouts legs and crawls out the door - classic

torga

Autocross Champion
The Shining is a must see Horror movie - and the Thing - the 1986? version with Kurt Russell is an excellent horror flick - love the part where the dudes head sprouts legs and crawls out the door - classic
Oh the old stuff is great - I'm mainly complaining about the new stuff. I'm actually taking a friend to see The Thing this weekend for the first time. A local indie cinema is playing it, so I figure taking him to a cinema would be the best way. This is one of those rare instances where the remake was better than the original.
I appreciate most of the old stuff, but for some reason, I just absolutely hated Texas Chainsaw Massacre.
No idea why. Just was not pleased the entire time - felt the plot was bad. I guess it's the grandfather of jump scares in my eyes. I need some clever suspense in my horror, otherwise it's just a cheap haunted house.

BoostedVW11

Drag Racing Champion
Brendan Fraser is a treasure and The Mummy is one of my favorites of all time.
The CGI in Irishman was still noticeable, but it wasn't noticeable enough to ruin the movie for me. This kind of tech is getting a whole lot better and we're closing up the Uncanny Valley.
Man, I forgot about Drive to Survive S2. Too many things to watch...

Jared Leto is a weird actor. When he gets a role right, it's really, really good (re: his role in Dallas Buyers Club). But when he gets it wrong, it is spectacularly bad (edgelord Joker). And generally, his stuff is just a bit meh. He's trying really hard.
Jared leto is hit or miss yeah. Like that requim for a dream whatever movie.

He looks exactly like a player from the red wings too.
He's trying too hard.
Accurate
I like the horror movie classics - Dracula, Frankenstein, Bride of Frankenstein, Wolfman , Creature from the black Lagoon - the orginals - some of the campy shit from the 50s and 60s is fun to watch now and then too, like on Svengooli
Fast and furious toyko drift was a pretty scary movie too
Oh wow ej throwback movie collection.

Fun fact, the gremlins was supposed to be made as a comedy but it was classified by most as a horror film when younger.

torga

Autocross Champion
Fun fact, the gremlins was supposed to be made as a comedy but it was classified by most as a horror film when younger.
The Evil Dead was supposed to be made as a horror, but it was classified as a comedy :ROFLMAO:

EJBGTIVI

Autocross Champion
Oh the old stuff is great - I'm mainly complaining about the new stuff. I'm actually taking a friend to see The Thing this weekend for the first time. A local indie cinema is playing it, so I figure taking him to a cinema would be the best way. This is one of those rare instances where the remake was better than the original.
I appreciate most of the old stuff, but for some reason, I just absolutely hated Texas Chainsaw Massacre.
No idea why. Just was not pleased the entire time - felt the plot was bad. I guess it's the grandfather of jump scares in my eyes. I need some clever suspense in my horror, otherwise it's just a cheap haunted house.
Absolutley agree - the original was not that great - and then there was a 2nd remake around 2013 or so that was just unwatchable.

from the 1982 version:
thing gif.gif