GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

ChiChat19: 10k Posts Achieved In Revived Dead Thread

Former Honda Guy

Autocross Newbie
Dang bittersweet day. I told my team that I'm leaving finally, my boss wanted to keep it hush until he could figure out what the plan is. I've worked with most of the guys on my team for over 10 years.... Those mofo's got me in the feels. All of them congratulated me and were happy. A few of them told me I was the best boss they've ever had, how I taught them so much etc. I didn't think I would have feels about it but I did.
If you didn’t care enough to get the feels, you wouldn’t be a great boss.

Every great team I’ve been on was led by a great boss.

uglybastard

Autocross Champion
when do you start new gig again?

sterkrazzy

Autocross Champion
I played a little bit of Forza 7 last night. It made me want to add intake noises to my R. I look at intake prices though and it's like yea fuck that. Kinda makes me want to drill some holes instead lol, maybe remove the hood insulation too.

jay745

What Would Glenn Danzig Do
I played a little bit of Forza 7 last night. It made me want to add intake noises to my R. I look at intake prices though and it's like yea fuck that. Kinda makes me want to drill some holes instead lol, maybe remove the hood insulation too.
the mk7 part prices are absolutely insane, I don't get it. One of my customers paid $1400 for a catback on a mk7 r.... a catback!

brat_burner

Autocross Champion
Dat Akrapovic money... I installed one on a SLS AMG, it was like 13k or something retarded.

Even the new APR with res for the MK6 is almost 1300

sterkrazzy

Autocross Champion
I don't think these cars sound that great either, so that's a lot of money for something that I wouldn't have a lot of pride in. The resonator delete was just enough sound for me to hear the car, but not really loud enough for most people outside of the car to notice I've altered the exhaust.

Intake noises sound cool, but $400 for a noise maker...I can't hear my intake at all with the stock box. I've got a turbo inlet pipe and I replaced the tube that goes to the airbox, so I already have a good intake set up. I just want enough sound coming from the intake so that I can hear it can go psh at least a little bit when I shift. It doesn't need to be open filter loud.

dustbunny227

Autocross Champion
I don't think these cars sound that great either, so that's a lot of money for something that I wouldn't have a lot of pride in. The resonator delete was just enough sound for me to hear the car, but not really loud enough for most people outside of the car to notice I've altered the exhaust.

Intake noises sound cool, but $400 for a noise maker...I can't hear my intake at all with the stock box. I've got a turbo inlet pipe and I replaced the tube that goes to the airbox, so I already have a good intake set up. I just want enough sound coming from the intake so that I can hear it can go psh at least a little bit when I shift. It doesn't need to be open filter loud.
Custom make an intake. Do an open intake rather than a closed one and then you'll get all the whoosh noises.

GolNat

Autocross Champion

I stalked eBay for 4-6 months for a used intake. Scored an IE from a GLI for $200 shipped. After installing it and being able to hear the extra turbo noises it was totally worth the cost. I’d even pay $300 for it, certainly adds to my driving pleasure. Now with the K04 I get nice flutter when I lift off which sounds magnificent!!

Resonator delete is the way to go! Best $60 I have spent plus another $60 to have 4” tips added.

sterkrazzy

Autocross Champion
I stalked eBay for 4-6 months for a used intake. Scored an IE from a GLI for $200 shipped. After installing it and being able to hear the extra turbo noises it was totally worth the cost. I’d even pay $300 for it, certainly adds to my driving pleasure. Now with the K04 I get nice flutter when I lift off which sounds magnificent!!

Resonator delete is the way to go! Best $60 I have spent plus another $60 to have 4” tips added.

Tips are something I'd like to do eventually too. Haven't started a search for those yet.