GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

ChiChat19: 10k Posts Achieved In Revived Dead Thread

Phur

Autocross Champion
Merry early-birthday!

snobrdrdan

former GTI owner
Thanks. Nah, gonna go out to Longhorn Steakhouse with the family and have some cake at home. That's about it.

OmniGLH

Autocross Newbie
They are definitely dangerous. I haven't ridden in years, but it just kinda got boring on the road. I went down twice, one street and one track with no other vehicles involved fortunately. The street incident left me with road rash on my back and a huge scab on my elbow. The track one I went down pretty fast. I had sore ribs for about a month, and it felt like someone punched me in the chin.

I became the guy I never thought I'd be.... former rider because IMO it's just too damned dangerous nowadays. The last time I owned a bike, the iPhone 3G was the hot hot hot new phone. So really, until then, "smartphones" weren't a thing. If somebody was "on their phone" while driving it meant they were actually holding the phone to their ear and talking - so at least their eyes were pointed forward. "Texting" was with number pads and all but the lowest of IQ's could do that shit blindfolded and so their eyes were still forwards. Nowadays people are using their phone while driving... posting to Facespace, reading Instachat, Snapgram or Twittleh, etc. The # of times I've been almost torpedoe'd while driving my former fullsize pickup truck or big silver SUV because of someone else not paying attention? Hell my best friend totaled his Ferrari California a few weeks ago on the highway... young teen girl doing 75 on the highway, was looking at her phone, did not see the BRIGHT RED FERRARI that was ahead and to her left, and changed lanes into his rear fender, executing a perfect pit maneuver punting him into another car before hitting the concrete barrier on the median.

No more motorcycle for me.

1ashchuckton

Autocross Champion
I became the guy I never thought I'd be.... former rider because IMO it's just too damned dangerous nowadays. The last time I owned a bike, the iPhone 3G was the hot hot hot new phone. So really, until then, "smartphones" weren't a thing. If somebody was "on their phone" while driving it meant they were actually holding the phone to their ear and talking - so at least their eyes were pointed forward. "Texting" was with number pads and all but the lowest of IQ's could do that shit blindfolded and so their eyes were still forwards. Nowadays people are using their phone while driving... posting to Facespace, reading Instachat, Snapgram or Twittleh, etc. The # of times I've been almost torpedoe'd while driving my former fullsize pickup truck or big silver SUV because of someone else not paying attention? Hell my best friend totaled his Ferrari California a few weeks ago on the highway... young teen girl doing 75 on the highway, was looking at her phone, did not see the BRIGHT RED FERRARI that was ahead and to her left, and changed lanes into his rear fender, executing a perfect pit maneuver punting him into another car before hitting the concrete barrier on the median.

No more motorcycle for me.

This is so true. I'm not a fan of more laws, but I do believe that anyone who is on a phone that crashes or causes a crash should be treated like a drunk driver. All the ones on the phone deserve an expensive certificate of stupidity. Everyday I see any number of nitwits' wobbling down the road while they stare at their phones totally oblivious to traffic. End of rant.....

uglybastard

Autocross Champion
My cat got fixed yesterday so I needed to find a way to efficiently get food. Most local grocery store just got curbside pickup, so I gave that a try. Order some usual favorites and some ground beef for a cheeseburger meatloaf I want to make this weekend.

One of the packages I got was not sealed.

20210527_163735.jpg

I'll still use it but really turned off on the idea of someone else picking my food out for me.

Also, tiguan got new side markers today.
20210527_175453.jpg

Big plans for the holiday weekend?

brat_burner

Autocross Champion
My cat got fixed yesterday so I needed to find a way to efficiently get food. Most local grocery store just got curbside pickup, so I gave that a try. Order some usual favorites and some ground beef for a cheeseburger meatloaf I want to make this weekend.

One of the packages I got was not sealed.

View attachment 214978

I'll still use it but really turned off on the idea of someone else picking my food out for me.

Big plans for the holiday weekend?
Reported for not posting in the official recipe thread.

Might pick up some stuff to grill, not sure what.

uglybastard

Autocross Champion
Reported for not posting in the official recipe thread.

Might pick up some stuff to grill, not sure what.
I'll get around to posting it... recipe is from the internet anyhow, I'm going to enhance it this time around tho. No big secret really just put shredded cheese in a meatloaf, glaze is ketchup and brown sugar

KollinWithaK

Autocross Champion
I highly recommend it if you've never done autocross before! You'll be addicted after your first runView attachment 215055

Yeah seems like a lotta fun. I've been up in the mountains a ton recently and would like to really start improving my skills since I barely a novice I think.
Trying to keep my ego in check and realize I have almost no real racing experience so I'm expecting to be slow and make mistakes.

GolferGTI12

Ready to race!
Yeah seems like a lotta fun. I've been up in the mountains a ton recently and would like to really start improving my skills since I barely a novice I think.
Trying to keep my ego in check and realize I have almost no real racing experience so I'm expecting to be slow and make mistakes.
Yep you will be slow and make mistakes but with time you will get better. And yes leaving the ego at home is the best thing you can do for yourself.
I know my local group is really good for helping out the new guys so don't be afraid to ask for some help or a ridealong from a seasoned autcrosser. Most guys have no problem with people riding along for some runs and it's a really good way to learn how to be faster on the course. I feel like your R will do really well out there