GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Chiraqi Chat14: And You Get a MK7 GTI, And You Get a MK7 GTI, And You Get a MK7 GTI!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

OmniGLH

Autocross Newbie
You have to be trolling. Nobody is that stupid.

Indeed.

Otherwise... this is bad. Roy - gotta have a yellow fuel cap to know you're E85 capable from the factory.

OmniGLH

Autocross Newbie
In open and honest discussion no insult is taken my friend. I also know I'm rough around the edges and lack the "Culture" of you big city folks. :)
Would it bother me to see my uncle and all his shit next door to me with 1' of grass (because you have described folks I'm related to sadly). Honest answer is yes it would bother me. It attracts mice, tics, and other vermin and if the place looks abandoned it attracts other trouble that would piss me off. However, those issues are usually enforced by the city for the reasons I just cited. Roy's neighbor parked in his yard, that's all I see at this point. Sounds like he's breaking local laws with regards to the other crap he's pulling and I would support seeing those enforced. Again live in Rome, do as the Romans. But, would I flip out like Roy at least seems to be and in fairness he may just be internet venting and not as upset as some people I know, and no I wouldn't flip out.

Sounds like Roy already addressed this.... car in yard = last straw, but there were lots of other incidents that drove him to his rage. :)

MY neighbor drives me nuts. Almost an "IN YOUR FACE!" kind of attitude about it. Irritates me... and I have family that do it, too.

Now your statement of finances and class I 100% agree. Unfortunately, I've just met too many people that equate the two together and look down on others less fortunate. They like to create rules or policies that enforce their exclusiveness as well.

Absolutely. I've also seen it firsthand go the OTHER way. People from the lower financial spectrum assume and apply stereotypes to people that are higher up... almost like an attempt at "I'll hate you before you get the chance to hate me". (That describes a solid 50% of my family, right there...)

I dunno if it's "ghetto is trendy", if it's perpetual victimhood, demonization of success, just a knee-jerk reaction to their own experiences, or what... but it sucks, and it's just as bullshit going one way as it is going the other. Especially when it's thrown at you from people who SHOULD know you better.

More like do some real work for once and mow my lawn if you are unemployed.

#Trump2016

;)

OmniGLH

Autocross Newbie
My Tundra has a black cap and is e85.

Hmmm. OK. Maybe I need to retract my statement.

I know that for GM vehicles, E85 means yellow cap. No yellow cap, no E85.

I *assumed* that was an across-the-board standard, not just a GM thing. Perhaps I was wrong.

jay745

What Would Glenn Danzig Do
You have to be trolling. Nobody is that stupid.

good lord I hope the R faggyness has led him to be this much of a troll and he's not being serious right now.

Roy - Youre being a troll lately but serious if you filled up with e85 shut your car off and get it towed somewhere and drain the tank. seriously.

Cadubya

Autocross Newbie
Hmmm. OK. Maybe I need to retract my statement.

I know that for GM vehicles, E85 means yellow cap. No yellow cap, no E85.

I *assumed* that was an across-the-board standard, not just a GM thing. Perhaps I was wrong.

Manufacturers didn't start using yellow caps to signify E85 compatibility until 2008 (2006 for GM) so it's very possible for an older car/truck to have a black cap and still be a flex/fuel vehicle. All 2008 and newer cars and trucks will have a yellow cap though, which Roy's GoRf does not.

OmniGLH

Autocross Newbie
I have to imagine if there IS an E85 tune out there for GTI's and GoRf's... it would frickin RIP.

Guys in the 944 Turbo section on Rennlist LOVE E85. I've got E85 maps that I can drop into my car, but E85 just isn't available enough up here for me to bother with it. The guys that use it regularly are in Denver or Atlanta, where apparently it's at damn near every station.

Last thing I need is to be at Road America or GingerMan or some obscure AX event, run low on gas, and not be able to find E85 in a pinch. From what I've seen, finding E85 is harder than finding diesel here in IL.

I admit I was kinda bummed that for the 2015 Sierras, E85 capability became a $100 option, and my truck does not have it. Apparently the 5.3 wakes up quite a bit on E85.

RoyB1

Go Kart Champion
good lord I hope the R faggyness has led him to be this much of a troll and he's not being serious right now.

Roy - Youre being a troll lately but serious if you filled up with e85 shut your car off and get it towed somewhere and drain the tank. seriously.

Sanderzzz

Go Kart Champion
Roy has become boosted?

Status
Not open for further replies.